Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2006, 01:26 PM

Default Play this fast or slow?

Game is a loose 10-handed $10/$20 home game.
Hero has 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in BB. Both opponents play loose-passive pre-flop, but reasonably well after the flop.

Preflop: 1 fold. UTG+1 calls. 1 fold. MP1 calls. 4 folds. SB calls. Hero checks.

Flop (4 BB): J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 raises, SB folds. BB ????

Do you check raise or cold call here? Or should I just bet out (something I would do at times with a jack or 6 here)?
Old 05-12-2006, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Play this fast or slow?

I just lead this flop. Now whatever you do looks suspicious. I guess I might call/lead if I took this line.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:45 PM

Def bet teh flop. Board is dry so its less likely someone will bet after you. If you coldcall your opponents will definitely know somethings up if they can hand read the slightest bit. That is unless they think you're a fish or something and calling off with a gutshot.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:16 PM

Bet the flop. There was no preflop raiser, so you don't know where the action is going to come from. Bet the flop. You will get plenty of callers, and you might get raised, and you can either threebet the flop, checkraise the turn, or donk the turn planning on threebetting after your opponent raises.

Checking the flop, and coming to life later, screams 'BIG HAND', and even the least astute can figure it out.

Betting the flop seperates your opponents from some small bets now, and sets them up, so that you can get some big bets from them as well.

Since you already screwed the hand up by checking the flop, I don't think it matters what you do when it gets back to you.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:19 PM

Wise man once told me...slow playing sucks
Old 05-12-2006, 09:13 PM

i would just bet the flop usually. now i will just call and probably donk the turn trying to bet/3 bet.