Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 06:57 AM

Default Stars 500 AAPT Sat BVB spot

I've seen villain do some super weird stuff. He min reraised an utg min raiser with KTcc in MP. He got it all in with 66 on KK93 board though he was fairly short. He raised 4X at 100/200 in the SB with KQo vs a CO limper who had never limped before.

I've got the chip lead with a pretty aggro but not crazy image. 20 left, 2 get a seat.

My stack: 15,600
BB: 6,300

Blinds 100/200 with 25 ante.

I holds A
My stack: [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Preflop: Folds to me in SB, i raise to 600, villain 3 bets to 2400, I?

Basically, what's your to get it in here?
Old 10-21-2007, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Stars 500 AAPT Sat BVB spot

We had this exact same question in the heads up forum a few days ago . It really is a shove or fold depending on your image and how he perceives your image to be .

If I were playing against a clone of me , I would shove .
Old 10-21-2007, 12:53 PM

I am trying to post in the higher stakes forum to gain a little more expereince and to learn how to think through a hand. I don't have very much sattelite experience but I will give it a shot. I put villians range at this 22+,ATs+,KTs+,QTs+,ATo+,KTo+,QJo, your hand has 48% equity against this range. I think it is very likley he has a crappy pocket pair a weak ace or something like KQ. I think I would shove this. As for your range, I think as far as aces go ATs is my cutoff, I am not going any lower. If you are willing to flip for it, then probably 77-88+ would also be a shove. Although I don't think we have a lot of it, I do think we have some FE. Safe play would be to just lay it down, but I don't mind a shove given the situation.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:29 PM

Do we actually have fold equity here? As you describe him, I don't think he is capable of folding preflop. I would call and shove the flop. He's probably folding 60% of flops, and i highly doubt he is folding that high % preflop. Definitely think stop and going is the best option
Old 10-21-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do we actually have fold equity here? As you describe him, I don't think he is capable of folding preflop. I would call and shove the flop. He's probably folding 60% of flops, and i highly doubt he is folding that high % preflop. Definitely think stop and going is the best option

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, I still think we do have some fold equity since he could fold something like KT, A2-A5, 22-44 stuff like that. But I think you make a good point, a stop and go would be a very good play.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:55 PM

ignoring sat conditions, shove shove shove shove shove.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:04 PM

allin plz. ATs in SB with 30x BB and big antes is impossible to fold pretty much. I wouldn't even bother with stop and go, hard to prove whether it helps or hurts us. He's not folding 77 if we miss the flop no matter what. However MAYBE he will if its like AKQ which sucks for us.

So yea I dont like stop and go really at all.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
allin plz. ATs in SB with 30x BB and big antes is impossible to fold pretty much. I wouldn't even bother with stop and go, hard to prove whether it helps or hurts us. He's not folding 77 if we miss the flop no matter what. However MAYBE he will if its like AKQ which sucks for us.

So yea I dont like stop and go really at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol Damn my low confindnce, I state the right play then change it as soon as someone says something else. I would like to go back to the right answer based on majority consensus that pushing is the right play. Could it be I am finally starting to think like a poker player?