Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: ***September Low-Content Thread***

This is my favorite part

[ QUOTE ]
That ices cause so many diseases in pots is not astounding. It is astounding that so few ices cause pot disease. Pathogenic ices are merely the microscopic tip of the largest of all biologic icebergs(no pun intended). How fortunate, we imagine. But fortune may have little or nothing to do with our survival. Billions of years of confrontation rather than luck were likely our benefactor. Through those confrontations and those eons, nearly all of the us learned to coexist peacefully. Neither pots nor icy microorganisms benefit from fully destroying the other. Fatal infections seem, biologically at least, shortsighted. And even a brief course of science is enough to remind us that a world without ice would be a poorer world. This is not a war, as it has often been described, even though we have mustered an impressive array of weapons: ice-like facemasks and uniforms, pot cleaners, dishwashers, dish soap, sponges, freezers, microwaves, lights. This is not a war at all. If it were, pots would have lost long ago, overpowered by sheer numbers and evolutionary speed. This is something else, something like a lichen, something like a waltz. Let the dancing begin.

[/ QUOTE ]