Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Quit poker? Life? (Graph Included)

Last night I played around 2,000 hands of NL50, and was disgusted enough by the amount of ridiculous suckouts that I was determined to get PokerEv up and working to somehow console myself. I had never been able to get it to work before (I needed to run it as administrator apparently). Anyway, after looking at the debacle of last night I took a look at my entire database since moving to Full Tilt. This graph makes me want to puke. My question though is this - should this actually encourage me, or is this program just damn lies and statistics. Should I really be up $1200 instead of down $800. Is this standard, disgusting, or what? I don't think I'm this terrible. This is so discouraging. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Quit poker? Life? (Graph Included)

Wait... your showdown winnings and Sklansky bucks are like the same, right? (~$100 difference there)

You're not running bad.

Am I not understanding EV graphs?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:15 PM

i could tell you more about your game from a urine sample than from one of these ridiculous pokerev graphs. they are THAT worthless and meaningless.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:26 PM

losing 16+ buyins suggests to me your not a winning player at this limit move down. Your only down 2-3 buyins in sklansky bux.

Pokertracker stats would be better.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
losing 16+ buyins suggests to me your not a winning player at this limit move down. Your only down 2-3 buyins in sklansky bux

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree I just had an 18 buyin downswing and I am a winning player
Old 10-03-2007, 06:12 PM

i'd rather go broke than move down
Old 10-03-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i could tell you more about your game from a urine sample than from one of these ridiculous pokerev graphs. they are THAT worthless and meaningless.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2007, 02:34 PM

I think they are actually useful, IMO I don't see the argument about how they aren't useful.

Check the box for all-ins before the river. What that does is give you the exact EV when u go all-in and tells you if you are running bad when you are getting your money in good.

Regardless of what you guys think, if you haven't changed your game and you aren't catching an abnormal amount of sets or big hands, then this is a very good indicator of why you might be in a bit of a downswing.

Or am I missing something about this program?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:41 PM

They're not 100% meaningless, but people are using them to qualify whether or not they're running good/bad. The difference between "Showdown winnings/Sklansky bucks" and "Total winnings" is no basis for determining whether or not you're running good/bad. It does help to point out whether or not you should focus your hand study on hands which you made it to showdown or not. If you set it to only consider all-in hands before the river, yes, you have some more useful data, but 99% of people posting these graphs just mash the buttons to make a graph ASAP.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think they are actually useful, IMO I don't see the argument about how they aren't useful.

Check the box for all-ins before the river. What that does is give you the exact EV when u go all-in and tells you if you are running bad when you are getting your money in good.

Regardless of what you guys think, if you haven't changed your game and you aren't catching an abnormal amount of sets or big hands, then this is a very good indicator of why you might be in a bit of a downswing.

Or am I missing something about this program?

[/ QUOTE ]

the only thing it has value is simply looking at how you have run AI, being down SBucks does not however mean you are running bad