Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Another Color-Up whoopsie or...?

Why not also take a picture with a cell phone camera or a real camera.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:29 PM

As a supervisor from last years tournament I can tell you with great certainty that with the exception of the final table and perhaps 2 others, THERE ARE NO CAMERAS at the tables. Matt should insist upon seeing this phantom video
Old 06-09-2007, 09:09 PM

I could understand minor delays in color ups with 1k+ left in the fields, but when it is taking over 30 mins. with 4 left at a final table, that is absolutely ridiculous.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:21 PM

An example of this very thing (inexperienced internet players) going on today in event #15, the $1,500 event (was going to play in that one today, but work got in the way, hence my interest in it):

http://www.bluffmagazine.com/tournam...e=2&dayof=

[ QUOTE ]

Sat, 09 Jun 2007 14:20:56
Floor, Floor, Floor - - New Players Learning the Ropes
Before the break, floor people had their hands full. You could hear "Floor" being called from every direction. Let's see now, if he shows him his cards, does he have to show all? At another table, one player made a string bet, players not even involved in the pot were putting in their two cents. Three floor people were trying to sort it. To make a long story short, after all the fuss, his opponent pushed all-in with , the "string-bet guy" called with pocket queens. The board was no help, and the queens took the pot. Better luck next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I am beginning to think that the fields are larger this year because many players who normally would stay home and play on the internet, can't anymore.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
An example of this very thing (inexperienced internet players) going on today in event #15, the $1,500 event (was going to play in that one today, but work got in the way, hence my interest in it):

http://www.bluffmagazine.com/tournam...e=2&dayof=

[ QUOTE ]

Sat, 09 Jun 2007 14:20:56
Floor, Floor, Floor - - New Players Learning the Ropes
Before the break, floor people had their hands full. You could hear "Floor" being called from every direction. Let's see now, if he shows him his cards, does he have to show all? At another table, one player made a string bet, players not even involved in the pot were putting in their two cents. Three floor people were trying to sort it. To make a long story short, after all the fuss, his opponent pushed all-in with , the "string-bet guy" called with pocket queens. The board was no help, and the queens took the pot. Better luck next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I am beginning to think that the fields are larger this year because many players who normally would stay home and play on the internet, can't anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, I can't play on the internet anymore? Someone must have forgotten to give pokerstars the memo.

It is possible however that more people are playing because more baller internet players have turned 21
Old 06-09-2007, 10:11 PM

Sorry about the above, posted it in the wrong thread.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You would think they could hire a few people who can competently color-up chips when the customer is paying that much for a tournament.

If this was some $5 tournament at a bar or something where the person running it doesn't know much of what he's doing then these are honest mistakes and it's no big deal.

For a $3k or $5k (or god-forbid, $50k HORSE event) I don't think it's too much to ask that they actually have some kind of clue on ho to color-up.

Yes, the player needs to protect himself here.
But that's only because he has to know ahead of time that the WSOP staff will consistently make some pretty inexcuseable screw-ups.

I think some of these screw-ups go way beyond the "they're human...mistakes happen" excuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have played in many FREE bar tournaments in my day, and have yet to see ANYONE get stiffed during a color up.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so the moral of this story.... always count your chips before a color up?

[/ QUOTE ]

even if you do count and there is a mistake, the floor staff wont give a [censored] about "your" count. Pretty much every one of those guys is an arrogant prick in a cheap suit.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:02 AM

the moral is don't leave your seat until the color up process is complete. if you're they're to make sure they don't screw up your stack, you'll never have a stack that gets screwed up. i can't believe people don't stick around to make sure the floor doesn't make a mistake. during the color up process of the 25 chips that i talked about above, i was one of only a few people who bought the chips from their tables and actually stuck around to trade the 25's for 1000's.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:06 AM

I can't say for the WSOP in Vegas, but when I played in the WSOP Circuit event at Ceasers Indiana, they would not let us stick around.

We were forced to leave the area while they colored up the chips.