Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: my shoe collection

[ QUOTE ]
Someone above mentioned that his girlfriend didn't like a particular pair of tennis shoes of his. Serious question: how do adult males that always wear sneakers have girlfriends?

[/ QUOTE ]

well i'm only 20, play poker for a living, she likes my personality, and respects my dislike for dress shoes. Also, AF1s are hardly tennis shoes, I wouldn't want to play any sports in them personally.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:19 PM

ciano,
buying a white pair and brown pair---do the sizes run big/ small?

the US dollar is [censored]--

Old 05-22-2007, 05:31 PM

Alright, let's talk white dress shoes for a second here. I've been interested in buying a pair for a while, but I'm not really sure what they would look good wearing them with?

Any specific suggestions on a pair of white shoes?
Old 05-22-2007, 05:42 PM

I'm not being the slightest bit condescending when I say this, but if you're asking what to wear white dress shoes with, you probably can't pull them off. (I almost certainly can't.) You probably have to live in Miami, Southern California, or on the Mediterranean, and you need a very tropical wardrobe. I think there are probably a fair number of good options out there but I'm not sure too many people have the clothes/personal style to pull them off.

Oxfords might be a bit old-man, but they're conservative and don't require the sort of flair that some streamlined loafers might...

...like say, these guys, which I think are sort of badass (if they didn't have the little bit of what looks like grey leather on the outside of the midsole).

Old 05-22-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone above mentioned that his girlfriend didn't like a particular pair of tennis shoes of his. Serious question: how do adult males that always wear sneakers have girlfriends?

[/ QUOTE ]

well i'm only 20, play poker for a living, she likes my personality, and respects my dislike for dress shoes. Also, AF1s are hardly tennis shoes, I wouldn't want to play any sports in them personally.

[/ QUOTE ]
What I really meant is "sneakers" more than tennis shoes, and I was taking the piss a little bit. I can understand it for guys around your age, but I know there are dudes in their late twenties who don't own any leather-soled shoes.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not being the slightest bit condescending when I say this, but if you're asking what to wear white dress shoes with, you probably can't pull them off. (I almost certainly can't.) You probably have to live in Miami, Southern California, or on the Mediterranean, and you need a very tropical wardrobe. I think there are probably a fair number of good options out there but I'm not sure too many people have the clothes/personal style to pull them off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do meet your two requirements though as I live in SoCal and have a pretty light, bright wardrobe. I am from Pittsburgh though and wouldn't consider wearing white dress shoes out because I'd be completely out of place there. So my experience with white dress shoes is pretty much nonexistent.

I get what you are saying, which is why I asked, to figure out if I could pull it off. There are lots of times where I wear white kicks in a casual environment but will switch it up to a black dress shoe for a more dress look. I was wondering if wearing a white dress shoe instead of a black dress shoe would work.

Such as wearing jeans with a light color button down. If it's casual, I'll wear white kicks. If I'm headed out to a bar though I'll put on some black dress shoes. The black works, but would the white work also?

Another instance was last week, I went out and was wearing a light blue polo with some off white slacks. I wore black shoes but it seemed like a big contrast since everything else I was wearing was light. I wondered if I had white dress shoes if they would have worked, as long as they didn't clash with my slacks.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:07 PM

Iggy -- Sounds like that second pair might be up your alley then. I'm not sure I'd wear them with jeans, but that might just be me. Seems like they'd be good with bright or pastel-y chinos, maybe khakis or bone-colored also. I think it's a good option for someone who's a confident dresser that falls between dark dress shoes (like you said) and the more natural-looking -- but obviously informal -- sandals.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:49 PM

As for white shoes, traditionally a white buck like the following is supposed to go will with white pants (cotton or linen) or seersucker:

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/gra...-p?sck=1235466

Old 05-23-2007, 12:06 AM

Here are some of the shoes in my rotation.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here are 3 purchases I have made in the past month:

[/ QUOTE ]

I purchased these too, recently. They're dope. When I get home, maybe I'll post my collection.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm usually not a fan of Prada sneakers, but these jumped out at me and I had no problem paying 400 for them.

If you like Prada shoes, the black shoes in my post are sick. They are so comfortable and they look like with jeans or pants.
Closed Thread