Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 04:24 AM

Default Re: 10K LSAT YO?

do what my cousin did, goto yale, goto stanford law, then fully lock yourself in a guest house for the summer studying for the lsat while getting weed delivered to you by me, it worked for him, GL!
Old 05-21-2007, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Genuinely interested in what I asked. Had a cousin go that route. Thanks.
Obviously I had to get into BBV spirit a bit though also.
Best of luck.

[/ QUOTE ]
Little over $1k i think.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do what my cousin did, goto yale, goto stanford law, then fully lock yourself in a guest house for the summer studying for the lsat while getting weed delivered to you by me, it worked for him, GL!

[/ QUOTE ]
Locking myself in my house with a bunch of weed would result in little more than me getting high and gambling on the internet. No studying would take place at all.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:18 AM

who would even think about taking this action?

try you put up $25k, other guy put up $5k. lsat is easy and if youre at 164 already getting to 170 will be nothin
Old 05-21-2007, 05:47 AM

Yea you must be high right now to think anyone is betting 2-1 after your first prep test resulted in a 164. Just knowing the short tricks which basically all the courses teach you increases your raw score by a minimum of 5 and thats for Forrest Gump's. You screwed yourself by giving your score so how about 20-1 for 1k and I'll consider.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:10 AM

with months of practice, anyone who can't get 170+ at least 90% of the time just isn't smart.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
with months of practice, anyone who can't get 170+ at least 90% of the time just isn't smart.

[/ QUOTE ]When I was studying for the LSAT I visited these forums where this one chick just couldn't score above a 135 or something ridiculous, but she insisted that hard work would get her through law school. Sorry bitch, but you CAN'T do just anything you put your mind to. I think she's at some really crappy law school that meets in some guy's basement now. LIVING THE DREAM. Anyway it was just constant flaming of this chick like Evenkeal / fgators / vegasnick on these forums. Ah, memories. Great part is she was really pissed that no real law schools would take her.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:41 AM

if you got a 164 w/ no practice..you are a lock for 170.
your goal should be mid 170s.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:21 AM

Wait what? There is a world of difference between 170 and say 175. When you move into the 170s you start talking about tenths of percentages of the test taking population- which sounds ridiculously small until you realize many of these people in the mid to upper 170s would never need any prep classes at all.
I scored 172 and doubt any number of prep classes would improve that performance more than a few points. In all likelihood no more than simply feeling fantastic that day about life would.
You are talking about a few extra questions correct per couple points gained. That extra bit tends to be innate ability and focus, not learned test taking ability.
Prep classes I would venture help maximize familiarity with the processes/format, but the test still measures abilities to think and you have to have those abilities. The 175ers simply do.
I certainly give OP an excellent chance at 170.
170 is a really good score. 175+ is blow your mind good.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Except I have like 20 days.

Theoretically I had several months, but I spent the first 3 of them doing stuff like making money gambling on the internet and playing quizbowl.