Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 01:18 AM

Default AQ hits tptk @ 100NL in 3bet pot vs reg...

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $84.69
Hero: $251.30
Button: $49
SB: $316.90
BB: $200

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $14</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($29, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $20</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($69, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $55</font>, Hero ?????

Reads and thoughts...
Villian is a reg who is at like 4 or 5 of my tables. we have been messing with each other some as we r both playin sorta laggy. my overall stats r like 24 21 5 but during this session i am playin 28 24 oo. i have him running at 22 18 3.5 over a few hundred hands. i have pulled several big bluffs (see the brew for examples of such) but he hasnt seen me show down a bluff this session. we have 3 bet each other several times but have yet to see a turn in the 3 bet pots.

so wut do u think... flop?? turn???

edited so i dont get my old title back
Old 11-14-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: AQ hits tptk @ 100NL in 3bet pot vs reg...

Given the history between you two, it sounds like Villain is fully capable of two-barreling (and maybe even 3-barreling) against you, but this sure is an uncomfortable spot. I mean, that turn card is not my first choice, but then again it did set up some semi-bluffing possibilities for Villain if he was looking for an excuse to bet again.

I'd imagine this is one of those hands where history and feel play a large part, but I probably wouldn't know what to do even if I had been there from the outset. Among other things, it sounds like this is the first time during the session that you've flat-called one of his flop bets, and it's hard to know how he interpreted that.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:48 AM

am i missing something i don't understand why no raise on the flop.what range of hands did u put him on when he 3 bet pf.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:03 AM

I dont really see anything you can do here besides call.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
am i missing something i don't understand why no raise on the flop.what range of hands did u put him on when he 3 bet pf.

[/ QUOTE ]yea good idea. lets raise it up so that he can call with so many hands that i beat?!?!?!?!? wut does raising do that helps me???
Old 11-14-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yea good idea. lets raise it up so that he can call with so many hands that i beat?!?!?!?!? wut does raising do that helps me???

[/ QUOTE ]

very good thats why i ask questions.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]sorry for sounding like an ass. if u didnt understand wut i ment pm me or sumtin and ill explain.

PS
nice name lol
Old 11-14-2007, 02:34 AM

PF fine given stacks/history/etc.

Flop is good. Raising is sortve meh given stacks, I'm not so sure I want to play for stacks in this spot.

Turn, is his range limited to JJ/QQ/KK/AA? Not many villans will double barrel in rr-ed pots at these stakes. If his range is strictly KK+/JJ+, I would probably dump and let him have this one. If you throw some draws in the mix as Nick said, Calling and folding to a river bet is definitely an option that can be considered as well.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]sorry for sounding like an ass. if u didnt understand wut i ment pm me or sumtin and ill explain.

PS
nice name lol

[/ QUOTE ]

np i understand your logic now
Old 11-14-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PF fine given stacks/history/etc.

Flop is good. Raising is sortve meh given stacks, I'm not so sure I want to play for stacks in this spot.

Turn, is his range limited to JJ/QQ/KK/AA? Not many villans will double barrel in rr-ed pots at these stakes. If his range is strictly KK+/JJ+, I would probably dump and let him have this one. If you throw some draws in the mix as Nick said, Calling and folding to a river bet is definitely an option that can be considered as well.

[/ QUOTE ]n e thoughts on which of the 2 ranges is more likely??? or is that up to my judgement due to table conditions and things that had happen between us up to this point???