Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: 200NL- Squeeze QQ and BB shoves

[ QUOTE ]
do you know what SQUEEZE means?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think so. This isn't a (typical) squeeze play. Let's review.

Squeeze play = 1 raiser, 1+ limpers.

"The squeeze": Squeezer re-raises, sensing that original raiser was weak and limpers can't be too strong either.

This example: 1 raiser, 2 limpers, 1 RE-raiser (who is probably strong, re-raising OOP into three players).

The BB puts in a third all-in raise.

Can you really say that the same conditions are true as in a typical squeeze play; namely, that the BB must sense that the original raiser, caller, AND re-raiser are all weak?

If not, then it doesn't look like a squeeze play to me. He looks strong.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:49 PM

A squeeze is when there's a raise + 1 caller and you 3bet.

If he knew I squeezed a lot I'd HAVE to call this. But as far as I know he knows nothing about me although maybe he just assumes my squeezing range is large.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If he knew I squeezed a lot I'd HAVE to call this. But as far as I know he knows nothing about me although maybe he just assumes my squeezing range is large.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. So he has not executed a squeeze play, though he might think you have done so.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:02 PM

Without reads I usually call here.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. So he has not executed a squeeze play, though he might think you have done so.

[/ QUOTE ]

which is the point
Old 09-06-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well to start with OPs range is much wider than QQ+,AK

[/ QUOTE ]
OP has QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh thanks for clearing that up. i was thinking OPs range might influence BBs range, but clearly there is no range since he has QQ
Old 09-06-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

which is the point

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you are missing the point, probably because you are not reading carefully.

The point is that the BB's range is not likely to include JJ.

Your reponse to that original claim was "do you know what a squeeze is". You are being vague, but I assume you are saying that the BB could be squeezing here with a JJ.

That's impossible, by the definition of squeeze play. The BB is not in a squeeze situation.

OP was, and BB may think that OP is performing a squeeze. But that doesn't justify a re-squeeze with JJ. Facing a bet, a flat call, a re-raise, he would be insane to re-raise with JJ.

Please don't bother to explain why you think otherwise. Instead, just post a really quick, ambiguous, and unsubstantiated reply [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold. Don't think the dead money is anywhere near enough to make up for the times you're behind AA,KK. I lieks shoving here more and more with AA,KK as people always put you on AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you even play these games man? Guys can turn up with all kinds of stuff, QQ can definitely call here. I can't believe everyone wants to give up here, especially since the way this hand went down a lot of guys think youre just putting a move on the dead money.

Here's one from yesterday me against a decent winning tag from 1/2 and 2/4

PartyPoker $200 NL Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> HandRecorder v0.9b

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">UTG raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BU calls $8, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $40</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#FF0000">UTG raises to $199</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero is all-In</font>, UTG calls $5.

Flop: ($414) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: ($254) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($254) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $254.

Results in white below:
<font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG shows [ Th, Tc ]two pairs, Tens and Eights.
Hero doesn't show [ Ac, Kh ]a pair of Eights.
UTG wins $414.50 USD from the main pot with two pairs, Tens and Eights.
UTG shows [ Th, Tc ]two pairs, Tens and Eights.
Hero doesn't show [ Ac, Kh ]a pair of Eights.
UTG wins $414.50 USD from the main pot with two pairs, Tens and Eights</font>
Old 09-07-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

which is the point

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you are missing the point, probably because you are not reading carefully.

The point is that the BB's range is not likely to include JJ.

Your reponse to that original claim was "do you know what a squeeze is". You are being vague, but I assume you are saying that the BB could be squeezing here with a JJ.

That's impossible, by the definition of squeeze play. The BB is not in a squeeze situation.

OP was, and BB may think that OP is performing a squeeze. But that doesn't justify a re-squeeze with JJ. Facing a bet, a flat call, a re-raise, he would be insane to re-raise with JJ.

Please don't bother to explain why you think otherwise. Instead, just post a really quick, ambiguous, and unsubstantiated reply [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok ill break this down as simply as possible.

-Hero is likely squeezing with a fairly wide range in this spot because of all the dead money in the pot

-BB is an aggressive regular

-BB Absolutely can be resqueezing w/ JJ here and that would be far more likely than him calling cold w/ it since that would invite every other player in the pot to set mine.

-Given that OPs play looks like a squeeze, BB is shoving AK 100% of the time here.

-Have you ever played 1/2 or higher online?
Old 09-07-2007, 03:26 AM

I tend to think everyone is squeezing in your spot, if bb is a decent reg its a snapcall.