Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack

Old 11-29-2007, 08:21 AM

Default Noiq gets 1 week ban from ipoker

Dear Affiliate,
NoiQPoker will be fenced from the iPoker network from 29th of November - 6th of December this does Not included MTT and Sit n Go’s.

This means non of our players will be able to play cash games against other iPoker skins but cash games between NoiQ players will still be possible.

So NoiQ players will only be able to play against other NoiQ players for 7 days.

The reason for this is as follows:

·Some affiliates have advertised NoiQ's VIP system that's not allowed after the latest policy from iPoker.

·Some sites that contain the name RAKE in it have advertised NoiQPoker. This is not allowed after the latest policy from iPoker.

NoiQ have failed to remove our name from all rake domains. We have done our best but it's hard to find them all.

We have also done our best to let our affiliates know about iPoker policy but still some affiliates mention the VIP system.

What will happen:

No races, bonuses, payouts, deposit or so on will be affected by this.

Players will still have their deals and chance to win cash from our Race.

NoiQ will on the other hand be more strict against affiliates and send our more e-mails to our affiliates so everyone understand our rules.

We are extremely sorry that this effect your players.

We have searched the net to find a site that mention NoiQ in a way that don't follow the iPoker guidelines and it's almost impossible to find one. A problem is that some affiliates have sub affiliates with the name www.bobbobduddelyrakepoker.com and these domains are extremely hard to find for us so please in the future be more careful about where your sub affiliates will advertise NoiQPoker.

It's hard for us as it might be for many of you since we are doing our very best to follow all the rules something we really feel we are doing.

NoiQ will run a $50.000 race for 7 days! and run extra freerolls to compensate this.

After the 6th of December everything will be back to normal.

Please contact me if you have further questions.

Best regards,

Nils Erik
Affiliate Manager

----------------------------------------------------------

This is deffinatley unfair from my point of view and there are plenty of sites that has violated ipokers policy alot more. This is getting out of hand. I dont believe there is any danger for the players money though.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Noiq gets 1 week ban from ipoker

Theres no danger for any players money. Its the iPoker network that decided that NOIQ was going to be loged off for 7day. I think its weird and it's a really bad time to do so but thats my opinion.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:34 PM

That seems rather rotten of the network. How can a poker site control every single one of its affiliates.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That seems rather rotten of the network. How can a poker site control every single one of its affiliates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone has to be responsible and the poker site has to be responsible for their affiliates. I am sure they are happy with a one week ban in the long run compared to the site that got kicked off.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:53 PM

Tough break for noIQ.. hardly any games running there now..
I wish I kept my client open- because I think you could still be playing there if you kept your client open without running the update on startup..
Old 11-29-2007, 02:07 PM

I'm going to email Ipoker and thank them for their brilliant move of pissing off high volume players on their network.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone has to be responsible and the poker site has to be responsible for their affiliates. I am sure they are happy with a one week ban in the long run compared to the site that got kicked off.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is extremely hard to do. With several 1000 affiliates you can imagine its impossible to keep them all in line. They can only punish the ones they discover and I think ipoker is being way to harsh in this case cause from my intelligence its only about offering VIP deals
Old 11-29-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NoiQPoker will be fenced from the iPoker network from 29th of November - 6th of December

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me happy.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is extremely hard to do. With several 1000 affiliates you can imagine its impossible to keep them all in line. They can only punish the ones they discover and I think ipoker is being way to harsh in this case cause from my intelligence its only about offering VIP deals

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the problem:

Large poker room spends thousands of $$ on marketing campaigns to bring in players, paying several hundred dollars per player. New tiny poker site launches, does zero marketing, and offers rakeback. High volume players that the large poker room spent hundreds to attract, skip over to the rakeback skin. Large poker room ends up having paid hundreds of dollars for .01/.02 limit players.

Party Poker solved it by permanently fencing off Empire Poker(at least until Empire's value had dropped to bottom barrel and they bought them up for pennies compared to their old value) and the other skins. At least in this case you're only looking at a one week ban.

iPoker doesn't expect NoIQ to police every affiliate, but they don't want affiliate managers empowering illegal private offers either, and that's what's happening.

As a rakeback affiliate, I'll give whatever amount it takes to players to stay competitive, to a point. If my affiliate manager says "here's 65% revenue share, give how much ever you want, just keep it private" that's what I'll do. If they say "Here's 40%, and if I catch you giving more than 30%, our relationship ends," then guess what... - I'll give 30%.

NoIQ doesn't have to police every affiliate. They really just have to police their affiliate managers.

Their solution isn't perfect. The only room that can't be loopholed is Poker Stars and that's because they don't have revenue share as an affiliate payment method. However, enforcing the existing rules laid out to new skins will have a trickle down effect.

Here's the only real solution IMO. Do what sites like Cake, Carbon and SunPoker have done and have the rakeback deals administered by the poker sites themselves after the player has signed up through the rakeback affiliate. Special high volume deals could then be made between the player and the poker site.

The affiliate programs might even have to ditch the affiliates ability to see individual player rakes, but that's really no big deal as long as they provide the players their rakeback stats within the poker software.

A few things will remain constant though. We as players will always want another 1%. We as affiliates will always want to have the highest offer. Finally, as long as the poker sites and networks put the rakeback programs in the hands of the affiliates and affiliate managers, this war will continue.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:34 PM

This is [censored] ridiculus! There's 2(!!!) 400 tables running, ZEEEERO NL600 running.