Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: 100 PLO: Get chips in fast???

So I ran some equity calculations (thanks to 'wazz' who posted a link to Pro Poker Tools in another thread)

8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] had 29% equity against what ended up being the three other hands in the main pot. In the side pot it had 35.7% equity against the two other hands. Plus I gain protection if one of the two remaining hands makes the other fold (up to 40-45%).

Based on some other calculations, the only way I've found that I'm pooched is if someone has bigger diamonds and someone has a higher four-card run-down. Then I'd have, in some cases, just under 20% equity.

When I was there I saw this as a situation that Rolf Slotboom talks about...how well an 8765 (in his examples, double-suited) does against a strong high-card hand. That said, I wasn't sure if I'd have the balls to go for it.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dont shortstack plo

[/ QUOTE ]

Moral objection or I'm missing value?

Shortstacking has allowed me into the game and learn quite a bit with much less risk. I don't have nearly enough $$ online to play more than .10/.25 with a full buy-in.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:49 PM

you should move down and learn to play full stacked it will be worth it in the long run if thats what you care about.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you should move down and learn to play full stacked it will be worth it in the long run if thats what you care about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I have no illusion that I'm learning much about playing after the flop. I'm just trying to get into the action because, for whatever reason, I can't take NLHE.

That said, there are some valuable lessons I've picked up from short-stacking and watching (putting people on hands, value of marginal hands based on prior action, etc.)

And shorties are much less stressful for multi-tabling.