Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 12:09 AM

Default 5 NL JJ 3 bet pf w two callers... now what?

only played like 30 hands or so at this point... ive been super nitty. no reads on BTN he hasnt done anything out of the ordinary. MP seems to follow me around, sit w position on me and call every pot im in. idk if he does this conciously or not but the first time he sat at my table i stacked him a couple times and he has sat with my every session since which leads me to believe he is a reg. he is pretty lag but a thinking one.

im wondering what do now that ive gotten two callers and a K in the flop? shut down or lead basically. any help appreciated. also the reason for 3 bet is because i had been so nitty i figured i could go HU with MP or take down pot there.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($2.40)
Button ($8.57)
SB ($7.10)
Hero ($2.15)
UTG ($8.95)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.08</font>, Button calls $0.08, SB calls $0.07, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.3</font>, MP calls $0.22, Button calls $0.22, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.98) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero...
Old 10-31-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: 5 NL JJ 3 bet pf w two callers... now what?

bump
Old 10-31-2007, 12:31 AM

ok... well is my thinking here correct to assume someone has a K and c/f? or do i lead here
Old 10-31-2007, 12:53 AM

there is no sense if c/f this flop. ur scared of one card. i think we have to bet this flop. sometin like .7 or so. we cant let someone take the lead here by checking because if you checked to me i would bet my whiffed AQ or 99 1010

we have to bet this and then re eval. this isnt a bad flop for us we have no reason to think a K is out there until we bet and see what happens

just my 2 cents
Old 10-31-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there is no sense if c/f this flop. ur scared of one card. i think we have to bet this flop. sometin like .7 or so. we cant let someone take the lead here by checking because if you checked to me i would bet my whiffed AQ or 99 1010

we have to bet this and then re eval. this isnt a bad flop for us we have no reason to think a K is out there until we bet and see what happens

just my 2 cents

[/ QUOTE ]

a good point... if we bet and are called do we immidiately shut down?

is there any value in checking to induce a bluff from the hands you noted?
Old 10-31-2007, 01:00 AM

i lead for 3/4ths of the pot and shut down to any response as a standard line in this situation
Old 10-31-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

just my 2 cents

[/ QUOTE ]

a good point... if we bet and are called do we immidiately shut down?

is there any value in checking to induce a bluff from the hands you noted?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think so because it is just as likely that 99 and 1010 come along to our flop bet as they are to bet it. i think a c/c line is bad because its just as likeley that he will bet a king as he would the 99 or 1010.

so....i think that if we go ahead and bet we get him on the less aggressive side with the worse hand which makes it easier for us as he will prolly check a turn with a hand like that
Old 10-31-2007, 01:48 AM

My PFR would be to around $.4. On the flop I'd fire about 2/3 pot, if called or raised I'm done. Give QQ and other PPs a chance to fold, checking is giving away the pot.