Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Yuck.....Still Undecided

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... I'm leaning towards Romney although I'm worried about his mormanism causing some Repubs to stay at home

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is Romney will lower turnout in very red evangelical Christian states from Nebraska to North Dakota along with most states in the South but the remaining voters won't vote for Hillary or Obama anyway. So these electoral votes go to Romney anyway.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say that I am completely unimpressed with the Republican lineup in general, but if you hold my feet to the fire I'd probably vote Romney.

[/ QUOTE ]

I REALLY don't understand this at all. Have you looked at his platform?

Old 11-13-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Red, green, and black. And I thought I was confused regarding red and blue.

Anyway, post a color key please? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 11-13-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Romney Moving Ahead in South Carolina Too?

Dynasty,

Just skimmed your last 200 posts and didn't find much on politics. Are you planning any big prediction posts or are you going to wimp out and quit with the legacy of a perfect electoral prediction post from 2004?

~ Rick
Old 11-13-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Romney Moving Ahead in South Carolina Too?

Green means Borodog likes, Red means Borodog hates.

Anyways, here is some stuff out of Romney's campaign:

[ QUOTE ]
Romney calls for all Americans to have (health care) coverage without a government mandate, placing the responsibility on the individual.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, this is fine. Read on:

[ QUOTE ]
He would mandate insurance for individuals and employers, set minimum coverage requirements, subsidize coverage for low-income Americans and levy fines for noncompliance.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?!? This is in one paragraph! *head asplode*

Romney on Energy:

[ QUOTE ]
Romney proposes investment in alternative energy, especially biodiesel, ethanol and nuclear power, incentives for oil companies to build and modernize refinieries and increased drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and environmentally sensitive areas of the outer continental shelf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a winner to me...
Old 11-13-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick,

Those are my personal assessments of agreement or disagreement with the given candidate's positions (or at least the position attributed to them on the survey) on the given issue. Bright green = strongly agree, bright red = strongly disagree, and black = indifferent.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... I'm leaning towards Romney although I'm worried about his mormanism causing some Repubs to stay at home

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is Romney will lower turnout in very red evangelical Christian states from Nebraska to North Dakota along with most states in the South but the remaining voters won't vote for Hillary or Obama anyway. So these electoral votes go to Romney anyway.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say that I am completely unimpressed with the Republican lineup in general, but if you hold my feet to the fire I'd probably vote Romney.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im surprised you went to that much trouble to analyze a process you dont agree with. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] That said, what survey were you referring to? Also, to be honest, I've only some superficial research at this point into the candidates, thats how completely apathetic I am about this election at this point.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick,

Those are my personal assessments of agreement or disagreement with the given candidate's positions (or at least the position attributed to them on the survey) on the given issue. Bright green = strongly agree, bright red = strongly disagree, and black = indifferent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's the guy who's all green? All the white guys look alike.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say that I am completely unimpressed with the Republican lineup in general, but if you hold my feet to the fire I'd probably vote Romney. I vote by mail since I am in the military and my home of record is in Florida. Actually, given how close Florida has been the last few elections, I guess I will have to vote.

Amusing sidenote: I'm still a registered Democrat in Florida! [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How in the world does a person go from registering as a Democrat to "Eh i guess ill vote for Romney"?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who's the guy who's all green? All the white guys look alike.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron Paul
Old 11-14-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say that I am completely unimpressed with the Republican lineup in general, but if you hold my feet to the fire I'd probably vote Romney. I vote by mail since I am in the military and my home of record is in Florida. Actually, given how close Florida has been the last few elections, I guess I will have to vote.

Amusing sidenote: I'm still a registered Democrat in Florida! [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How in the world does a person go from registering as a Democrat to "Eh i guess ill vote for Romney"?

[/ QUOTE ]

People change?

Quick history: Mostly raised by my mother, a liberal sort. Bought into the whole liberal worldview. Went to the Naval Academy and had a very conservative roommate. We debate, he gradually wins me over. For a while I didnt progress much beyond the typical talking head rhetoric. Finally I started trying to really decide what I believed. Found some serious works on conservative theory. I now consider myself a conservative in the Burkean sense (read pretty much anything by Russell Kirk to get a sense of my worldview). Unfortunately, very few Republicans fit this mold, but they are a far sight closer than just about any Democrat.

And during all this, I never bothered to change my party affiliation. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]