Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 10-15-2007, 12:09 AM

Default *LOUNGE CONTEST - Hottest Male Characters*

Ok guys, I've decided the Lounge needs a contest! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Your Challenge --&gt; <font color="blue">try to beat your fellow Loungers at picking the hottest MALE FILM CHARACTERS. The submitted photos will be rated by a panel of judges. </font>

(I'm pondering whether to allow TV characters too so if you feel strongly about it you can give me your feedback before we start the contest.)

<font color="blue">ok please do not start yet [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]</font>

POG rules
The idea was taken from Our House's POG contest held a year ago. (Metsandfinsfan reminded me of it last week.) Our House has been cool enough to allow me to use not only his idea from the POG Hot Guys contest(Mr.POG) but also his contest structure as well - so thank you very much to him [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] for being so generous and awesome. (What can I say, Poggers RULE).

Here's a link if you want to see how funny those POG guys are. POG Hot Guys Contest

I'm a little miffed that I lost the POG contest to wdcbooks. The judges were harsh man. It was a humiliating defeat. I now challenge wdc and any other Loungers to a rematch. The gauntlet has been thrown. I say BRING IT ON LOUNGERS! Let's see what you've got.

The Players

Ok before we proceed we need to put out a call for players. I've already got my three judges lined up but now I need a group of players who want to go up against me and wdcbooks. All it entails is posting pictures of handsome film characters. How hard could it be?! I will announce the judges and give the rules as soon as we get our players established.

So far these posters have agreed to participate:

Diebitter
Katyseagull
Wdcbooks
MrWookie
rothko
Dominic (lol, he thought he agreeed to a hot girls contest [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

I would like at least 10 players for this contest but more would be great! Who wants to compete against me and Wdcbooks? (Lurkers, regulars?)
Old 10-15-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Re: *LOUNGE CONTEST - Hottest Male Characters*

Aw, I thought I'd only be competing against other men! You being a woman puts you at an advantage.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:15 AM

Also, is it too nitty of me to ask that we consider a neutral party who'll repost the images so as to remove any biases? Not saying this is a deal breaker, but a thought.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:15 AM

Well Wdc beat me last time around and he's a guy! But I can withdraw if that would get more guys to sign up. I can play in the next game with the HOT FEMALE characters. Would that be better?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, is it too nitty of me to ask that we consider a neutral party who'll repost the images so as to remove any biases? Not saying this is a deal breaker, but a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean? You mean like make the submitted posts anonymous? Yeah that's pretty nitty [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 10-15-2007, 12:44 AM

who are gonna be the judges???
Old 10-15-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who are gonna be the judges???

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it going to impact whether you play? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 12:57 AM

Come on people. All you have to do is post a pic of Paul Newman or something like that! It's easy. We're not looking for half naked men or anything.

I need players! (maybe I should ask Peachy? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Old 10-15-2007, 01:11 AM

When you do a hottest female character let me know. Sorry Katy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 01:18 AM

I still haven't figured out how to post pics yet (seriously, I'm brain dead) so I pass this time around, but will watch thread regularly! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

T