Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 10-14-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: three barrels vs. raptor

tbh, it's gotten to the point where people put so much stock in tanking being a bluff that people start tanking with other hands, and the timing issue isn't too big either way, it's just too much leveling.

for instance it's real easy for rap to think 'this dude owuldn't be dumb enouigh to tanka nd then blufffffff! it's probably a thin v-bet or something'
Old 10-14-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tbh, it's gotten to the point where people put so much stock in tanking being a bluff that people start tanking with other hands, and the timing issue isn't too big either way, it's just too much leveling.

for instance it's real easy for rap to think 'this dude owuldn't be dumb enouigh to tanka nd then blufffffff! it's probably a thin v-bet or something'

[/ QUOTE ]

dont agree at all, not many people actually balance their own timing tells. also, 60 seconds isnt really the same as tanking.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dont agree at all, not many people actually balance their own timing tells. also, 60 seconds isnt really the same as tanking.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know how you could not agree with that, aside from your random reads on certain regulars that don't balance, you're out of your mind if you think 10-20 players can't change it up from time to time, or that people don't get temporarily disconnected, or aren't involved in another hand on another table. incidentally, the longer i take the less likely i am to bluff because the more likely i think it is someone will look me up, and i frequently do at least a bit and sometimes a lot of hollywooding with the nuts.

i dont' reall yknow what you're not agreeing with- if you're saying that people playing high stakes no limit online are always bluffing when they take 60 seconds, then you've either got a small sample size or your inferences are just flat out wrong.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:58 PM

mcgipp,

in consecutive posts you just said :

- people read too much into the timing issue
- if i take forever i am more less likely to have a bluff
Old 10-14-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

made myself some cereal while i was thinking about whether or not to 3barrel
Old 10-14-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mcgipp,

in consecutive posts you just said :

- if i take forever i am more less likely to have a bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

in response to the fact that the general consensus on this board is that people are more likely to look up after you have banked, that was a specific adjustment that i made, and since i imagine anyone who has half a brain has done the same,
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true, unless of course, they know that i've made that adjustment, in which case i switch it up again, making this true
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so then i start banking again becuase they know that i know that they know what i know which in a roudabout way makes this true
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unless...
Old 10-14-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cocoa pebbles ftw
Old 10-14-2007, 10:31 PM

mcgipp you are on a whole other level
Old 10-15-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i toasted a bagel with crunchy peanut butter before snap calling
Old 10-15-2007, 02:15 AM

i toasted a bagel with crunchy peanut butter before snap calling

[/ QUOTE ]

Lock Thread, this is priceless.