Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 12:28 AM

Default Re: *** OFFICIAL COLORADO ROCKIES POST SEASON THREAD***

What the hell Rockies fans, I fly back excited to see what pwnage has been going on in the board and there isn't one crazy ass OMG we did it post?

Went to the game, and it was intense. Seeing the crazy waves of the towel to open up the game was something I won't experience for quite some time.

The fans were tense throughout most of the game. We love this team. I love this team. So we would definitely get up when Ubaldo would have a guy down 1-2 in the count, but we weren't standing up and cheering throughout many entire at bats by any means. We were on the edges of our seats though.

I was behind the rockies pen in the club level, a few rows up, and were straight on with the 3rd base line. That near HR by Burrell was insane. It seemed to hang up there forever, and even when it had obviously went foul I still was scared as from my vantagepoint I thought Burrell hit that a LONG way. But not long enough to go over the foul pole LDO.

Jeff Baker? Are you kidding me? My dad and I got pissed at the beginning of the game when he was introduced and we realized that he was on our playoff roster. I think Manuel should've realized that Baker hits like sub .200 against righties and ok against lefties and gone to Myers when Baker was announced. Whatever.

One point that I'd like to make to everyone who still hasn't given this team any credit. We have the best record in the NL since September. And August. And July. And June.

The Yankees are the only team with a better record than us since like May 24. This isn't a fluke. This is a fantastic baseball team. And they've won 17 of 18 games. Incredible.

Scouts have been saying that both Franklin Morales and Ubaldo Jimenez have no. 1 stuff, they just need to finesse it and work on their control. Jimenez over his last two starts, one of which was in a must win at home to end the season and the other one in the clinching game of the NLDS:

12 and 2/3 IP, 4 hits, 15 strikeouts

Kid is going to be amazing and to step up in these clutch situations has been so fun to watch

Anyway, this team is so much fun to have followed all season, and over the past couple years we have seen possibilities arise with our youth movement, and to see it all come to fruition this season has been the most gratifying sports following of my life. Mostly because baseball has always been my favorite sport I suppose, but this feeling outweighs what the Broncos did in the late nineties for me.

Anyway, I am so freaking happy that I got to be a part of that game and see them celebrate the win.

I'm a tad bit worried about the D-Backs, they have a scrappy team as well. But, on paper, we are better. I think we'll continue to show our true colors and win the series in 6 games. But I'm nowhere near as confident about winning this series against Arizona as I was about beating the Phillies.

Either way, this has been so gratifying and fulfilling, and the future looks so bright for this team. I mean, think about it, if we make the world series, we are going to do it with the future of the organization. Plus we have a jam-packed minor league system, with more top prospects on their way

Anyway, I'm so proud of this team and what they have done up to this point. I'm proud to be a Rockies fan.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:26 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.
Default Re: *** Official Colorado Rockies Post Season Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
most diehard fans on the planet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I was a Cub fan the first 43 years of my life. Then the Rox came to town. Cub fans are the most diehard, maybe Bosox after them.

I can't be happier with how this young team gelled the last 2 years with more hot prospects coming. The lean years with the management having to pay off the Hampden/Nagle salaries leaving us with mostly scraps were a bioioitch. The result is a team full of good youngsters who will keep the roll going a good many years..