Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]
The conference should be even more sick than usual. I heard the Mel Kiper said in a radio interview that Vandy could compete for the ACC title this year.

I'll be pulling big time for Tennessee against Cal. We need all the help we can get in the BCS nonsense. Too bad the game is on the same time as the Auburn game. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'm also really interested in the Thur. night game. Will MSU be as bad and LSU as good as everyone anticipates?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not quite as high on LSU as a lot of others. They are loaded like always, but with losing that many good players (esp. offensive skill players, I want to see more of Flynn before I really crown this team), are they any less likely to blow a few games again?
Old 08-29-2007, 12:52 PM

LSU would be ranked a lot lower if people considered schedules & the brutality of the SEC this year, so there is definitely no crowning them. They could easily lose 3 games as almost any good team in the SEC can this year.

As for Vandy, yes they have a really good team, but a pretty tough schedule with some favorable home games.

They have to play Wake OOC & then a game like @ UF would be winnable at the beginning of the season but I don't see them winning later in the year. They have Bama early at home which is a great spot to build a season around. If they win that game I think they will be bowling because they should win at least one of UGA/UK/@USC/Wake
Old 08-29-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not quite as high on LSU as a lot of others. They are loaded like always, but with losing that many good players (esp. offensive skill players, I want to see more of Flynn before I really crown this team), are they any less likely to blow a few games again?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm actually more worried about the new offensive coordinator more than I am Matt Flynn. I have a lot of confidence in Flynn -- he is the real deal.

I think there is a more than decent chance for Flynn to be first or second team all SEC this year (it might be touch to beat out Woodson, but I think he is better than Ainge), get drafted in the 3rd to 6th round, and have a long career carrying a clipboard while wearing shoulderpads on Sundays.

The idea that LSU could lose 2-3 games this year is, I hate to admit it, a possibility. This conference is just too tough.

Expectations:

I expect Vandy to go to a well deserved bowl game this year.

I expect McFadden to win to Heisman (barring injury).

I expect Glenn Dorsey to make at least two opposing offensive coordinators cry on the sideline.

I expect Trindon Holiday will endanger my marriage by doing something so spectacular that I scream "HOLY F*CKING SH*T" at least three times this year.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:35 PM

Mel Kiper----hahahahhahahahahhahahahah

guy is such an idiot

while this is probably the best Vandy team of my lifetime, they are still quite a ways from competing for the SEC title.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:36 PM

he didn't say SEC Title, he said they could compete for the ACC title
Old 08-29-2007, 04:07 PM

ooops....I'm the idiot too

but, he's still very wrong
Old 08-29-2007, 05:34 PM

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh C-A-T-S-CATS-CATS-CATS
Old 08-29-2007, 05:52 PM

TFG,
I'm making it down to the Troy game with my dad, though not sure if I'll be able to meet up with anyone.

All,
SEC looks [censored] sick this year. Hope all other SEC teams lose to UF this year.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:07 PM

Gators' starting LT Phil Trautwein has a stress fracture in his foot, not good [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] At least it's not the right side with Tebow as QB.

No word on how long he maybe out, but he is a True Senior so he would get a RS for next year if it's the season.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:13 PM

Vandy missed a bowl game with Cutler as QB...they wont make it this year especially with SC coming on and UK being decent for once. East is way too tough for a bad team like Vandy when no one is a pushover. Many predict them to upset Bama, they always play us tight at their place but they aint gonna win. How do we let Earl Bennet get out of the state is beyond me? I'm assuming he's intelligent I guess.

And I like Kiper but win the ACC? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I think Miami and FSU will be solid this year and you know VT is gonna be good. Stop with the Vandy hype.