Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 09:42 PM

Default 1K Winstar Blind Vs Blind

Villian is an older man who has been playing tight and built a large stack from putting a couple coolers on two people.
I have pushed all in to steal the blinds and antes 4 times in the last 2 orbits, i think my image is pretty terrible right now.
Villain: 12K
Hero 4K
blinds 150/300 ante 25. 9 handed

folds around to villian in SB, villian completes. The last time he did this I raised he folded, so since my image was shot I thought I would just check.

Hero checks BB A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

sb checks, hero checks.

Turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

sb checks, hero bets 350, villain calls.

River 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villian leads 2k. I'd seem him do this once before but the opponent folded. Hero?
Old 08-26-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Re: 1K Winstar Blind Vs Blind

welll....... 88, 66, 22, AA, 77, A8, 59, 54, T9 all beat you and you have 10bbs. You also know he is good at getting people with coolers. So of course you should fold.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:39 AM

Is he c/c turn with a gutshot? I don't think so. Is he c/c turn with a set? I don't think so. Is he c/c turn with Top2 pair? I don't think so. Does he have you beat? I don't think so. I think this is a question wether to raise or just call.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:50 AM

just calling leaves me with about 1300 if I lose. Is that even an option or is it push/fold?
Old 08-26-2007, 02:22 PM

is this hand uninteresting? Is there an obvious answer?
Old 08-26-2007, 02:27 PM

you have an Ace with 10xbb

push preflop

then you have aces over on a non-flush board

push river
Old 08-26-2007, 02:35 PM

Push preflop. So your image is shot. Do you mind if he akes a loose limp/call BvB when you have an ace.

Bet at least half pot on the turn.

Push the river. Aces up is pretty strong here. If the old nit has you beat, so be it.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:08 AM

Eassyyy push PF.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just calling leaves me with about 1300 if I lose. Is that even an option or is it push/fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's definitely an option, but in this specific hand, there is no reason to believe you don't have the best hand, and it's very likely he will call with a worse hand, so it's an EASY push.

I agree with those that say push preflop, except... I think raising preflop can be better than pushing against some opponents. Is he a stubborn guy that my think you are bluffing when you 3x it and shove with JTo? If so, raise 3x and snap call a shove. This option is only bad if you will have trouble playing against him postflop if he just calls and you miss (which can very likely be the case if you don't have a good read on how he plays).
Old 08-27-2007, 11:43 AM

Preflop pushing is going to be profitbale, as well raising less intending to call a limp shove agisnt an aggressive player.....Which is more so depends on the usual intangibles..I think you shouldnt worry about your image in this spot, because it cuts both ways...if you do shove and the sb is really sick of you he may call you with a wholw host of hands that you beat etc..

As for the river, wow they usually have it when they make these big overbets...I just dont know. Maybe you are ahead anyway (2 pair=having it?). It seems pretty tough for him to really be making this bet with hands we beat, but then again you are short...I really dont know.

as a result........

SHOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE PRE

sheets