Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 09:01 AM

Default playing big hands

villian is 57/40 and I flop the nuts. So I want to keep him in the hands, should I just push it on the flop or wait for the turn?

1)Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

UTG: $435.65
CO: $110.90
Button: $79.75
SB: $160.65
BB: $130.50

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">UTG raises to $3</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($6.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">UTG bets $4</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $10</font>, <font color="#FF0000">UTG raises to $25</font>, Hero calls $15.

Turn: ($56.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">UTG bets $40</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $102.50 (all in)</font>...

2)
villian is 52vpip I figure if he has a pair he will call a potsized bet here. Also he will prolly not put me on AA/KK if I bet pot here right?

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

CO: $244.65
Button: $106.10
SB: $100.50
BB: $66.15
UTG: $66.35
MP: $99.90

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#FF0000">CO raises to $3.50</font>, Button folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $9</font>, BB calls $8, CO folds.

Flop: ($21.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $20</font>...
Old 08-12-2007, 09:16 AM

Default Re: playing big hands

You may have the nuts on the flop but it's pretty vulnerable with the FD there.

Villian may have a big pair here and be putting you on an FD so is trying to play the hand aggressively to stop you outdrawing him. On the other hand he could have the big FD with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in which case he's not folding so best to jsut get it in.

I think you need to get this all in on the flop. Especially because a hand like A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] may be able to get away from an all in bet on the turn when the flush comes.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:26 PM

1) fold pre, raise flop more, i prefer leading and 3betting,

2) is standard so far
Old 08-13-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You may have the nuts on the flop but it's pretty vulnerable with the FD there.

Villian may have a big pair here and be putting you on an FD so is trying to play the hand aggressively to stop you outdrawing him. On the other hand he could have the big FD with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in which case he's not folding so best to jsut get it in.

I think you need to get this all in on the flop. Especially because a hand like A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] may be able to get away from an all in bet on the turn when the flush comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against this opponent at this level i dont think any turn card could make him fold AA.

Lead 3 betting is a good line. Also you can prob just put it in on the first hand I dont think hes folding. Also HU oop you should just fold PF.

As for second hand its pretty standard so far. Sometimes i may check against certain opponents but betting is fine. Its just going to be hard to get a ton of action alot of the time, but occasionally someone will just donk a stack to you here with 66 etc
Old 08-13-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I flop the nuts. So I want to keep him in the hands

[/ QUOTE ]

This is fundamentally flawed thinking. Your goal should not be to keep him in the hand. Your goal should be to get him to make the largest mistake he is capable of making. In this particular case you failed to do this. In fact, if all he has is a flush draw, he would be correct to call your pathetic check-raise. Since he is correct in calling your check-raise, you were incorrect in making it. The best line here is bet-3bet all-in.