Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Chris Ferguson Bankroll Challenge

[ QUOTE ]
I've always had a lot of respect for Ferguson because of his demeanor at the tables and the fact he seems to shy away from cash games where most of the cheating and degeneracy occurs.

That said I'm starting to wonder about the guy. The software FT uses was designed by none other than Chris Ferguson.

I think I'd like to seem him pull this off at Stars and then maybe I take it a bit more seriously .. or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he put some sort of backdoor in the SW to allow him to see the donks hole cards at 0.05/0.10 NL or 0.25/0.50 razz so he could spend countless hours earning $20k. In fact, I saw him go all in for $3.45 with ATo in the BB vs. a raise on the button when the guy had A9. Fishy, obv.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a good training to go down to microlimits and reorganize your discipline. If you are a winning mid-stakes player and notice that you loose some pots due to a lack of discipline, focus yourself on 12-tabling NL10. It's "poker-meditation".

[/ QUOTE ]

It's much better to just go down 1 level rather than playing for what is basically play money stakes.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't he successful in this challenge once already?

[/ QUOTE ]

I vaguely remember he claimed to have done this live where he started with like $20 or something - but im not 100% sure and im too lazy to check.

If he did it live it probably only took a weekend though.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:27 PM

god this is stupid. dont even want to think of how much money he costs himself doing this [censored]. (assuming he's a winning player of course)
Old 08-04-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What a waste of time!

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, and it's ANNOYING to have him shortstack on your table, it draws literally legions of shortstackers who think it's cool to shortstack and f up your game.

I'm so sick of him doing it. Chris = a shortstacking loser [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

The funny thing about poker is that everyone is not required to play in such a way as to yield your most +EV.

I know that's difficult for you kids to understand in an age of so much over-indulgence and immediate gratification.

[/ QUOTE ]
ban
Old 08-04-2007, 04:30 PM

499 days lololol
Old 08-04-2007, 04:47 PM

I think he's up more than I am in the last 499 days or at least it's close
Old 08-04-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always had a lot of respect for Ferguson because of his demeanor at the tables and the fact he seems to shy away from cash games where most of the cheating and degeneracy occurs.

That said I'm starting to wonder about the guy. The software FT uses was designed by none other than Chris Ferguson.

I think I'd like to seem him pull this off at Stars and then maybe I take it a bit more seriously .. or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you realize how stupid this statement looks?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-04-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://w.fulltiltpoker.com/chris-ferguson-challenge

ive recently seen him short stacking 5/10...phil gordon was also at the table

[sarcasm]im sure there was nobody at the table working for full tilt to give chris a little help so they can publicize this...or even chris having someone dump him money so he can clean up on a book[/sarcasm]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is he short stacking? His rules would allow for a full buy-in (as long as it was not more than 5% of his roll). Why the filthy short stacking for a 'poker pro,' wouldn't he be moving up faster with a better PTBB/100 if he was full stacking? WTF I thought short-stacking was for the noobs with no skills?
Old 08-04-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he put some sort of backdoor in the SW to allow him to see the donks hole cards at 0.05/0.10 NL or 0.25/0.50 razz so he could spend countless hours earning $20k. In fact, I saw him go all in for $3.45 with ATo in the BB vs. a raise on the button when the guy had A9. Fishy, obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't have to cheat quite that crassly to have a huge advantage just from knowing things about the software you don't. As another poster pointed out he could be availing himself of more old-fashioned methods as well. The point is he can be doing whatever he wants and you'll never be the wiser. Do you think he's going to out himself?

As far the $$ considerations are concerned you donks aren't seeing the meta-game here. This isn't about Chris making money on the micro tables. This is a high profile promotion and free advertsing that's costing FT virtually nothing. Every time someone posts about this FT is attracting new players who will in many cases pay $1-5k in rake this year alone. The publicity is also bringing back a lot of low and micro stakes players beguiled by this genius little marketing ploy. As a large if not a majority stockholder (his company anyway) in FT Ferguson stands to make a lot more than "$20k" off this lol.

You people have no clue.