Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Official Loungers PETS thread

Show us your beloved pets! And tell us a bit about them.

Here's mine:

Samuel J. Dawg (aka Sammy)

3 year old male. Black lab. Likes to go hiking and playing with other dogs. Doesn't like to swim very much. He insists on sleeping under my bed even though I yell at him to get out of there because it's tough cleaning the carpet underneath my bed.

Sammy doesn't bark; instead, he makes this yawning growl sound when he's excited. It's very funny.

He's a very good wrestler and will pin me when we play. He'll also gnaw and chew and nibble me without it really hurting. Very sweet disposition and an all-around great dog.

Stinky Cat

Orange tabby. Age unknown. His original name was Moses, because I found him wandering in the desert. Because of his initial change in diet he became quite maloderous, hence the change in names. Thankfully, that did not last too long, and to be honest I never call him by his name. When I talk to him I just say "Hey Kitty Kat, wanna eat?" or something.

Even though he hates being picked up he likes to sleep on me, for some reason.

The cone he is sporting in the pic has a story behind it. His urethra was blocked and I took him to have it unblocked. KACHING! $600. Okay, no problem. ...until, the urethra became blocked again. KACHING! Another $600. ...And AGAIN it becomes blocked...well, I was running out of patience (and money) and told the vet either they need to fix Stinky for good this time or his time on this good Earth would be nearing its end. So they snipped off his kitty weenie so his urethra wouldn't narrow, and thus be blocked. KACHING! $1800.

So Stinky is now a she. Yes, I have the world's first gender-reassigned cat! Every so often when he's licking himself he gives me a confused glance, like "WTF, I know I'm missing something down here."

I'm thinking of changing his name again to Steve Austin because to me he is the $6 Million Cat.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Official Loungers PETS thread

I like a man who's not afraid to admit he has a cat.

[ QUOTE ]
He's a very good wrestler and will pin me when we play. He'll also gnaw and chew and nibble me without it really hurting. Very sweet disposition and an all-around great dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a really fun dog, Dom. But what kind of lab doesn't like to swim?

(p.s. Nice thread idea [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 07-25-2007, 11:05 PM

Yikes! 3 Gs on a cat you found in the desert... Ouch.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a really fun dog, Dom. But what kind of lab doesn't like to swim?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sammy is a bit of a pussy, actually. I have to pull him into the pool and he'll swim from the steps to the seat against the far wall and back again...but then he'll get out and go ape-[censored] trying to get the water off of him.

He also hates loud noises. 4th of July is like a nightmare to him and he will refuse to come out from beneath my bed all day.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sammy is a bit of a pussy, actually. I have to pull him into the pool and he'll swim from the steps to the seat against the far wall and back again...but then he'll get out and go ape-[censored] trying to get the water off of him.

He also hates loud noises. 4th of July is like a nightmare to him and he will refuse to come out from beneath my bed all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh a pool? No wonder. He probably doesn't like chlorine in his little eyes. I thought you meant like a pond.

I have a friend whose dog is terrified of fireworks. It's really bad. They put the dog in the basement on 4th of July and it went nuts and tore apart their door and destroyed a bunch of stuff. Then they let the poor dog out of the basement and it bit my friend on the hand. The dog has never acted like that before.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yikes! 3 Gs on a cat you found in the desert... Ouch.

[/ QUOTE ]

tell me about it. When I first brought him in, if they had told me $3000 to fix the cat I woulda said, "Sorry Stinky, this is where you get off the merry-go-round." But $600....well of course, it's my cat, I have to pay it....and then ANOTHER...and ANOTHER...ugh.

For some reason though I would have no problem giving up my right arm if it would save Sammy's life. Why are dogs "more important" to us than cats?
Old 07-26-2007, 12:32 AM

Here are my two kids, Zoe and Ace.

Zoe is the yellow lab and Ace is the other. Two very, very, very, hyper dogs. I got them both at the same time and now that they are older, they can absolutely not be apart otherwise they freak.

I must admit that Ace has the superior intelligence out of the two...Zoe sometime walks around as if she's in a completely other place. Ah, but despite their flaws, I love them very much.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:55 AM

Fifi was my cat, but is not any longer.
Though I really adored her, when I went to Spain two years ago and brought her with me, I realized that it wasn't fair to fly her back and forth with me. She spent some time in Barcelona with some really nice people (first my landlady there and then a young couple who have since had a baby), but when it came time to take her back from the kitty sitters, I had to fly back to LA again for another movie.
I still think of her as my pet (though of course I would not go and take her back! How mean!). And I am not a cat person, really.
Long story about how I ended up with her that involves Mexican boarder crossing....
Old 07-26-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fifi was my cat, but is not any longer.
{snip}
but when it came time to take her back from the kitty sitters, I had to fly back to LA again for another movie.
I still think of her as my pet (though of course I would not go and take her back! How mean!). And I am not a cat person, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kinda similar (without the exotic locations or the cross-atlantic flights) to how my cat became my parents' cat.

My wife and I moved out to their cottage for 6 months and then in with her parents for 6 months while we were saving up a down-payment for our house. Well, her sister is allergic to cats so Peaches (also a Calico, but grey and orange instead of black) had to stay at the cottage while we were with her parents...

Once we moved into our house we could probably have taken her back but my Mom was kinda attached to her and I wasn't sure how easy it would be to re-integrate her with the dogs since they hadn't seen her in 6 months (I have a couple of Rotts and a Shepherd)... So now she lives there permanently.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:29 PM

Dogs and cats being scared of fireworks and thunder is pretty common. A number of ours have gotten terrified from it, but some dramatically more than others. Some could be consoled to something like calm but some were inconsolable.