Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Major Brag: Matusow Went Off On Me

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] all of you guys.
whitelime won't play people short in NL/several NL players tell people to reload.

i don't play people short in PLO. i turn -ev when stacks aren't >4k deep

[/ QUOTE ]

so if Whitelime jumped off a bridge, would u jump off a bridge? You'd almost certainly act like a bigger assshole while jumping off the bridge.

And as I already said, Mike probably woulda reloaded if you asked nice or just waited a bit, but you chose to act like a jerkoff right away to make sure to prove how badass you were for talking down to Mike Matusow so you could then run and post it on BBV! I'm pretty confident with my read that you're both awesome at poker and also the biggest possible type of [censored] loser ever.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whitelime won't play people short in NL/several NL players tell people to reload.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's perfectly fine, but there is a way to say this/ask people to reload. your way makes you sound like a d1ckhead.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. But, in reading the posted chat log it was a little arrogant.

Instead of saying- Can you reload please? (Asking a question)
It was- Reload please. (Command/Tell)

MM is an abrasive (yet fun) personality and I can see how this would have rubbed him the wrong way. I think OP could have had a little more tact.

YMMV

ETA: (Command/Tell) vs (Commanding)
Old 07-25-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so if Whitelime jumped off a bridge, would u jump off a bridge? You'd almost certainly act like a bigger assshole while jumping off the bridge.

And as I already said, Mike probably woulda reloaded if you asked nice or just waited a bit, but you chose to act like a jerkoff right away to make sure to prove how badass you were for talking down to Mike Matusow so you could then run and post it on BBV! I'm pretty confident with my read that you're both awesome at poker and also the biggest possible type of [censored] loser ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I'm a huge [censored] at donkament tables. I wasn't trying to be an [censored] here. I should have watched my tone. I seriously think I'm -ev or neutral EV less than 3k deep but +EV deeper. I'm not going to burn $ in order to keep some sort of ettiquiette, and if people don't wish to play me because if they get short I stop, they can choose not to. I didn't do this to "show up mike" and post in BBV. I just got berated and wanted to post the chat.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:22 AM

Who cares that Mike got pissed.

OP is in the right - he merely needs to watch his tone slightly.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:28 AM

bad etiquette is -ev
Old 07-25-2007, 01:32 AM

so you take 2/3 his stack and then tell him you won't play the rest of his stack unless he reloads to mostly full- in the process seemingly taunting him instead of asking politely.

Shane seems spot on yet again.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:33 AM

wtf nits, pissing off matusow is +boomswitch
Old 07-25-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I'm a huge [censored] at donkament tables. I wasn't trying to be an [censored] here. I should have watched my tone. I seriously think I'm -ev or neutral EV less than 3k deep but +EV deeper. I'm not going to burn $ in order to keep some sort of ettiquiette, and if people don't wish to play me because if they get short I stop, they can choose not to. I didn't do this to "show up mike" and post in BBV. I just got berated and wanted to post the chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you honestly weren't trying to be a dick here, then wow. you have problems, and must be a true deep down douchebag. Mike Matusow and shaniac are both absolutely right here, and you just come off as a loser with a big ego. also, if you don't see the difference between you and whitelime here, then you must also be kinda stupid.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf nits, pissing off matusow is +boomswitch

[/ QUOTE ]

ya it really helped OP here, Matusow spewed off thousands more to him. oh wait.