Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: - WSOP ME FT: Meet the Final Nine -

In seat 3 we have Philip Hilm, a Dane who currently resides in England.

Here's his Hendon Mob results, with cashes totaling $150,479, including a 4th place finish in the EPT Scandanavian Open in Coppenhagen.

According to this Pokernews live update:

Philip is from Denmark and lives in England. He has been a poker pro for the last several years and was introduced to the poker world by his high school buddy Jan Bloxham. A professional backgammon player who turned to poker, Jan opened up a whole new world for Philip. They went to Frederiksburg High School together (High School is actually called "Gymnasium" in Denmark).

Philip is single, handsome, and about to become a big star. No player from Denmark has come this far at the Big Dance. His friend Jan is here supporting him from the audience.

More here:

Danish pro Lars Bonding is in the crowd sweating Philip Hilm, who is also from Denmark.

Here's a Pokertips.org interview with Philip in Sept. 2006:

pt.o: What handle do you go by online? Why that name?

Hilm: My online handle is 'hotntot'. I thought it sounded good, and I've used it since I started playing.

pt.o: What poker games do you generally play live and online (what stakes and locations)?

Hilm: Full Tilt Poker is where I play and mostly heads-up. That way I can play more hands, make more decisions and thereby magnify any edge I might have. My regular game is $10-$20 NL Hold'em, but if the action is good (for instance if Mike Matusow or Layne Flack is playing), I'll play even the highest limits.

More at the above link.

Edit: Adding

Video: WSOP interview
Pokerlistings interview after Day 6
Old 07-16-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lee Childs (13.24 million) - Childs, software engineer who quit his job to play at the World Series of Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Erggggggg
Old 07-16-2007, 05:32 PM

Hoping Watkinson wins. I knocked him out of a tournament once and this will increase my bragging rights.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:26 PM

another skalie autobiog :

http://www.badbeat.com/Ease/servlet/...categoryID=825

over a year old tho

gogogo skalie
Old 07-16-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am curious as to how Kalmar got invited to be on Monte Carlo Millions 2005. Was he one of the few online qualifiers?

Oh and Lee Childs is a Cardrunners member, FWIW... only one post on the forums there, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

think he was bought in by the owner of bad-beat.net.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I have absolutely no experience in these things. When Hendon Mob says that Kalmar has "lifetime cashes of $340,388," and Ladbrokes says that he has "life-time winnings of $170,000," is that simply a discrepancy? Does one db subtract buy-ins?

I stayed up super late the past two years to follow the FT online, I can only imagine how much better it will be on a real TV this year, Scotty or no Scotty.

[/ QUOTE ]

i expect it means £170,000

[/ QUOTE ]

Could also refer to his 3rd place finish on the Ladbrokes Poker Cruise. He won $170,000.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:51 PM

HOTNTOT YES!

this guy is a fing cash beast. hope he wins. it would chalk on up for the good internet players if he won
Old 07-16-2007, 07:57 PM

from Philim Hilm

[ QUOTE ]
pt.o: What poker games do you generally play live and online (what stakes and locations)?

Hilm: Full Tilt Poker is where I play and mostly heads-up. That way I can play more hands, make more decisions and thereby magnify any edge I might have. My regular game is $10-$20 NL Hold'em, but if the action is good (for instance if Mike Matusow or Layne Flack is playing), I'll play even the highest limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess im routing for Hilm and Lee Watkinson to win.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Kalmar is a Ladbrokes player lke they keep saying, why is he covered in Full Tilt gear lol?? Or did he win this seat via Full Tilt and do we have someone other than Lee Watkinson who may be up for the $10m bonus??

PS Thanks very much for doing this (and everything else) entertainme! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2007, 08:31 PM

I've never seen Hilm play before, but I'm def. rooting for him if Watkinson doesn't take it down. He sounds like a beast.