Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 09:17 PM

Default Re: pretty standard spot, bellagio 2/4

You guys are way over thinking this hand I think.

Keep betting until you are raised then see a showdown. Not that hard.

Check-calling the turn isn't the worst but betting is solidly better.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:29 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

sometimes out of position you just have to grit your teeth.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:46 PM

bet, semitank, call raise with a slight, almost imperceptible hesitatina nd watch intently on the turn care. now, heres the

live secret: check and make a small or large gulp depending on how much he is paying attention. hopefully, you have been telegraphing your folds all sesssion. like moving you card protector or moving your arms or shuffling your cards on the felt (my personal fav).

obv call the riv.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:20 PM

while he probably thinks i'm a little weak i doubt he thinks i'm ever check/folding that turn. which means he's probably not bluffing if i check. my guess is he's betting an ace or maybe a smaller PP but checking through hands like KQ. if i bet he may bluff raise though, so ive been thinking betting is likely the correct play.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:32 PM

Yeah that's why I disagree with DpR, the guy can peel the flop with like KQ thinking "I might have outs, I might try and take this pot away from him on the turn, we'll see" and then you check the turn and he goes "oh he has a pocket pair and isn't folding, free card time!" but if you bet he sticks with the plan.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-07-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while he probably thinks i'm a little weak i doubt he thinks i'm ever check/folding that turn. which means he's probably not bluffing if i check. my guess is he's betting an ace or maybe a smaller PP but checking through hands like KQ. if i bet he may bluff raise though, so ive been thinking betting is likely the correct play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given this, I think betting the turn is better than c/c. The reason I think c/c has merit is I think this is the kind of board that'll illicit random peels, thinking you'll usually give up on the turn if UI. Granted, I'd definitely prefer to have KK/QQ when taking that line, since it isn't as vulnerable when villain peels with KQ/KJ/QJ etc, but such is life.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah that's why I disagree with DpR, the guy can peel the flop with like KQ thinking "I might have outs, I might try and take this pot away from him on the turn, we'll see" and then you check the turn and he goes "oh he has a pocket pair and isn't folding, free card time!" but if you bet he sticks with the plan.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting is clearly best if this is the case. Online they pretty much always bet when checked to here. I very rarely play live, but I am thinking that they will jsut give up when you fire again too often.

It is hard for me to believe you are ever winning here when 3BBs go in the pot. Of course that is not the only factor at play here. If he is checking KQ, betting is clearly best, I must concede....
Old 07-08-2007, 12:23 AM

No one ever checks turn here online, so I just c/c c/c. b/c c/c is also solid and better if he plays better.

[ QUOTE ]
he thinks he is the best player in the game and may be correct

[/ QUOTE ]

Well obviously he isn't, and this is why I'd suspect he isn't that good and c/c c/c.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Bet fold turn, check call river.

[/ QUOTE ]

awful line against villain as described...
Old 07-08-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
opponent is guy who's been opening a ton of pots and cold-calling up to 3-bets often against players he wants to play pots against. he thinks he is the best player in the game and may be correct but even he isn't good enough to make KTo from the SB for 3-bets profitable. he opens in the hijack.

the guy plays well postflop and is hitting a lot of hands. he has been opening my big blind almost every time it's been folded to him (at least 4/5 times) and it's pretty clear he thinks i'm weak-tight or straightforward and that's probably because he hasn't seen me in black chip games before and thinks i'm taking a shot. i'm in the game because its ridiculously good and i like GAMBOL.

i 3-town T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from the big blind. LAG calls.

flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. i bet and LAG calls.

what's my plan for the rest of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet fold turn, check call river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Emerson - read the OP's read on Villain here. Why on earth would you want to do anything that involves folding?