Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 11:26 PM

Default theoretical nba question`

i've always wondered what would happen if both teams 5th eligible players were disqualified simultaneously?

For example, lets say the game goes to 5 overtimes. Both teams only have 5 players left who havent fouled out - suddenly both players clobber into each other who also have 5 fouls and bam, double foul they both foul out at the same time and both teams simultaneously only have 4 eligible players. what happens?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:36 PM

Default Re: theoretical nba question`

you can play with 4

edit: oops, no

edit again:
[ QUOTE ]

Section I-Team
a. Each team shall consist of five players. No team may be reduced to less than five players. If a player in the game receives his sixth personal foul and all substitutes have already been disqualified, said player shall remain in the game and shall be charged with a personal and team foul. A technical foul also shall be assessed against his team. All subsequent personal fouls, including offensive fouls, shall be treated similarly. All players who have six or more personal fouls and remain in the game shall be treated similarly.
b. In the event that there are only five eligible players remaining and one of these players is injured and must leave the game or is ejected, he must be replaced by the last player who was disqualified by reason of receiving six personal fouls. Each subsequent requirement to replace an injured or ejected player will be treated in this inverse order. Any such re-entry into a game by a disqualified player shall be penalized by a technical foul.
c. In the event that a player becomes ill and must leave the court while the ball is in play, the official will stop play immediately when his team gains new possession. The player shall be replaced and no technical foul will be assessed. The opposing team is also permitted to substitute one player.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-27-2007, 11:37 PM

Default Re: theoretical nba question`

[ QUOTE ]
you can play with 4

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep game on.

[ QUOTE ]
edit: oops, no

[/ QUOTE ]

Que? I thought 4 was ok. 6 Obv is an issue, but shorthanded was ok I thought. Don't tell me *sniffle* Hoosiers was lying.

Cody