Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 10:53 PM

Default is it just standard that they raise any two on a paired board ?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (11 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ah Qs (two pair, queens and tens).
MP has Jc Qh (two pair, queens and tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 15 BB. </font>

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has As Ts (two pair, aces and kings).
MP has Qd Jh (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 8.50 BB. </font>
Old 05-30-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Re: is it just standard that they raise any two on a paired board ?

you had a good read to make the turn 3bet in hand 1? river sexy is hot
Old 05-30-2007, 11:02 PM

actually the second one happened before the first one but they're different against different players.

i'm sure betting the river in the first one is better on that card but i hit check w/o waiting for the card to fall. then i decided to c/r because he didn't cap the turn. turned out an ftop masterpiece
Old 05-30-2007, 11:05 PM

I'm sure he has an explanation ready but the sexy to me looks awful. I 3bet turns oop pretty liberally when on tilt...nothing but stone cold nuts ever bets the river when you check.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:09 PM

what about the turn though? I would never make that play here. if I have a read that villain will bluffraise paired boards I bet/call A high for value and then c/c down to keep inducing. I really want to get to sd and he has a good hand here sometimes too.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:17 PM

yeah i dont claim the sexy as being good. it worked because he had a Q too.

i said i was going to stop 3-betting ace high even when i think i have the best hand a good amount, but i can't stop doing it at stars. wasnt doing it at all at AP. good reminder for me to stop doing it again. just call down!
Old 05-31-2007, 05:22 AM

yeah pretty much.. I really think im making a great profit two barreling and calling down raises on a lot of boards like this with ace high. The best is when the board double pairs HU or 3 way... It's pretty much guarnteed bluff by any overy agro player. My WTS% is at 39% for this database at 5/10 compared to 36% of my old database...

my SH online game is killing my live full ring game however.

Just today live at 10/20, I raised HJ 33, got cold called by a very passive button and BB called. Flop 962, I bet, button raised, BB folded. I called. Turn Q I checked, he bet, I called. River 3 , I c/r. he called. He had 22.
Everyone at the table was laughing at me for getting to the river.. I was thinking "wtf isn't this totally standard?"..
Makes me realize how crazy agro our SH games are.. Laying down a pair on a low dry board or paired board is blasphemy.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah pretty much.. I really think im making a great profit two barreling and calling down raises on a lot of boards like this with ace high. The best is when the board double pairs HU or 3 way... It's pretty much guarnteed bluff by any overy agro player. My WTS% is at 39% for this database at 5/10 compared to 36% of my old database...

[/ QUOTE ] Welcome to the dark side of showdown monkeydom! (FWIW, I run just under 41% at 3/6)

[ QUOTE ]
my SH online game is killing my live full ring game however.

[/ QUOTE ]Sing it, brother. Last time I played live, I'd bet a hand the whole way and someone would turn over two pair, and I'd be like "wha?" and they'd be like "you had to have at least a set to be betting like that" and I'd be like "wha?" and then I'd cap UTG with J2o and win large pots...

[ QUOTE ]
Just today live at 10/20, I raised HJ 33, got cold called by a very passive button and BB called. Flop 962, I bet, button raised, BB folded. I called. Turn Q I checked, he bet, I called. River 3 , I c/r. he called. He had 22.
Everyone at the table was laughing at me for getting to the river.. I was thinking "wtf isn't this totally standard?"..
Makes me realize how crazy agro our SH games are.. Laying down a pair on a low dry board or paired board is blasphemy.

[/ QUOTE ]Heh