Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 07:36 AM

Default 2 Ocean\'s 40 hands

I was in socal for the weekend and got sick of playing with the same irritable commerce degens, so I drove down to oceanside and played at ocean's 11 for the first time. Pleasant, though unremarkable, room but the games were great.

Probably irrelevant background: I'm running very hot and nobody seems particularly happy about it.

Hand 1:
Younger guy who's red in the face after losing a few pots in a row opens in MP, some other dude 3-bets in LP, I call in BB with 77. 3-way to a flop of J64r. Checked to pfrr who bets, I raise, young dude 3-bets, pfrr folds, and I call. Turn is 5, I c/c. River is 4...

Hand 2:
Seemingly reasonable guy raises in CO, I 3-bet ATo on the button, different (but also stuck) young guy in SB calls 3 cold. 3 to flop of J33r. check, check, I bet, SB raises, CO folds, I call. Turn is 4 and SB bets again, I take my time and decide to call cuz something feels weird. River is a Q and SB bets quickly...can I raise?
Old 04-30-2007, 07:46 AM

Default Re: 2 Ocean\'s 40 hands

vmacosta --

1: Probably best to check/fold. When red-faced guys spazz out, I find they don't often do it like this (particularly the flop 3-bet). You'd obviously prefer a showdown but I don't think it's worth the price if he bets.

2: If you think the stuck guy will fold TT-44, then I guess you have to raise. I don't find that a raise gets many folds here, at least when I'm the one raising. If you still smell something, feel free to call.

--Nate
Old 04-30-2007, 09:09 AM

hand 1 is a tough spot. you should probably fold, but calling is okay too.

hand 2 is pretty spewy, either release your hand on the turn or raise the turn.

next time youre down here send me a pm.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

hand 2 is pretty spewy, either release your hand on the turn or raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont like a turn raise
from the action sb's hand looks
like a small/medium pocket pair

and when one of the least scary cards roll off
a raise is spew we're gonna get looked up
toss a K or Q up there on the turn
then i can justify a raise

[ QUOTE ]
Seemingly reasonable guy raises in CO

[/ QUOTE ]

does this mean hes uncreative?
and wouldnt be raising light here?
if thats the case id fold preflop

and fold again on the turn
Old 04-30-2007, 04:37 PM

I think first hand is a super easy river fold and second one is a turn fold. If you know the name of either of the villains then my answer could easily change though.

What day was this? I played all night on Friday/Saturday and the only non downie I remember playing with in the 40 was Joe Tall.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:56 PM

Hand 1: Is calling down so bad here? I see tilting young guys play AK like this a lot too, then disgustedly flip it over while telling the whole table "I can never win with this [censored] hand" I would call this down most of the time, but maybe that's a big leak I have.

Hand 2: Call the flop and muck the turn. If he leads that river, then he probably doesn't have a hand that he's folding to a raise. Judging by the tone of your post it sounds like it worked so good job.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think first hand is a super easy river fold and second one is a turn fold. If you know the name of either of the villains then my answer could easily change though.

What day was this? I played all night on Friday/Saturday and the only non downie I remember playing with in the 40 was Joe Tall.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Sunday afternoon/evening. I looked to see if I saw Mike l. (who I've seen on latb) or anybody else who might be 2p2, but nobody stuck out.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys have a great room with some unbelievable fish. I almost intentionally missed my flight because of how juicy the 20 was. One guy in particular played every single hand dealt to him. He beat me with 74o, 94o, and T4o respectively.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:50 PM

Yeah the 20 is usually a lot tougher than the 40.

BTW the villain in the first hand in the OP sounds a lot like Danny and if it is him then you lose this hand 100% of the time unless he misread his hand no matter how badly he is tilting.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:23 PM

hand 1 is sort of using your jedi hand reading, but it *usually* is best to fold.

hand 2 i would dump on the turn.