Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2007, 02:43 AM

Default Re: St.Louis Cardinal Josh Hancock killed...

The drunk driver speeds through the stop sign. A stoned driver waits for the stop sign to turn green.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if LaRussa will get canned for this incident. I havn't decided if he should be fired but pretty much any other job you would be toast.

[/ QUOTE ]

LaRussa wasn't the one driving the car in which Hancock was killed. I'm big on personal responsibility, and a guy like Hancock is (well, was) big enough to make his own decisions.

To fire LaRussa for THIS incident and not his own DUI would be outright freaking wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure there are guys on practically every team who regularly parttake in similar behavior. no way larussa can be singled out because one of his ADULT players is irresponsible.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody is telling me anything. Many of my friends still drive around and smoke all the time. Im pretty sure if it were anywhere near as dangerous as drunk driving, they would have all been in multiple accidents by now and most likely be dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, here. Can't believe we're spending time debating this. Could be a good troll.

Research

Google is your friend. Some of the links state marijuana may not have the same effect as alcohol but does still impair one's ability to drive.

Now, back to sleep (or maybe poker).
Old 05-05-2007, 10:53 AM

double a,

Just because you "didn't have any problems, close calls, or anything like that," doesn't mean you weren't impaired and affected by the drugs. I used to smoke and drive in HS and college and for the longest time thought it didn't effect me. A couple years after I grew up and stopped I started to notice/remember little things that made me think that I wasn't "as there" as I would like to of thought I was. It was a very juvenile mind set that I had to get out of and I guess when you aren't ready to accept that you can be wrong then you will continue to figure out a way to reason everything out in your own little way.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The drunk driver speeds through the stop sign. A stoned driver waits for the stop sign to turn green.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, my friend in High School rammed into the back of a car that suddenly slammed on his brakes. The stoned driver thought he saw a Horse on the road. It was a shadow, we live in suburban Long Island.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, my friend in High School rammed into the back of a car that suddenly slammed on his brakes. The stoned driver thought he saw a Horse on the road. It was a shadow, we live in suburban Long Island.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your friend shouldnt be driving so close to people. I hope he learnt a lesson.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
double a, in my twenties (34 now), I smoked a lot. The guys who are telling you they weren't affected were lying to you and themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I smoked a lot too. Every day for like 5 years. I used to just drive around all day and smoke with friends when I was in high school. I never had any problems, or close calls, or anything of the like. Nobody is telling me anything. Many of my friends still drive around and smoke all the time. Im pretty sure if it were anywhere near as dangerous as drunk driving, they would have all been in multiple accidents by now and most likely be dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

stupid. i've driven drunk a lot (idiot, yadda yadda), and have never been in an accident. does that make it safe for me?
Old 05-05-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
double a, in my twenties (34 now), I smoked a lot. The guys who are telling you they weren't affected were lying to you and themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I smoked a lot too. Every day for like 5 years. I used to just drive around all day and smoke with friends when I was in high school. I never had any problems, or close calls, or anything of the like. Nobody is telling me anything. Many of my friends still drive around and smoke all the time. Im pretty sure if it were anywhere near as dangerous as drunk driving, they would have all been in multiple accidents by now and most likely be dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

stupid. i've driven drunk a lot (idiot, yadda yadda), and have never been in an accident. does that make it safe for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, moron, its not the same. not even close.