Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2006, 11:28 PM

Default 25NL 6m- Lost with AQ

What a disgusting card on the river, but should I have even went that far with this hand?

I think I should have bet this turn... althouh 3 handed that might be stupid.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($25.45)
MP ($36.90)
CO ($28.65)
Button ($55.20)
SB ($9.80)
Hero ($33)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.50, UTG calls $0.50, MP folds.

Flop: ($2.60) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, UTG calls $2.50, CO calls $2.50.

Turn: ($10.10) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $3.5</font>, Hero calls $3.50, UTG folds.

River: ($17.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $10.5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $27.60
Old 12-25-2006, 11:50 PM

Default Re: 25NL 6m- Lost with AQ

Any read on the other players? Are they both call stations? Is either an aggressive player that a call on the flop, instead of a raise, would make you suspicious?

It all depends on a read you have on the other players and what type of image you have at the table.

Even if you haven't played enough hands with them to get a read or establish an image, I still probably bet the turn. A lot of players at the 25NL level will pay you off with a hand like A6o. Plus, you do have TP with a good kicker and you are establishing an aggressive image. By checking the turn you are asking the CO to take your money.

And, I'm raising to $1.25 here pre-flop. AK, AA, KK, and QQ are going to re-raise you if someone is holding them behind you. A bigger pre-flop raise will usually get out the A4o you may be up against here.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any read on the other players? Are they both call stations? Is either an aggressive player that a call on the flop, instead of a raise, would make you suspicious?

It all depends on a read you have on the other players and what type of image you have at the table.

Even if you haven't played enough hands with them to get a read or establish an image, I still probably bet the turn. A lot of players at the 25NL level will pay you off with a hand like A6o. Plus, you do have TP with a good kicker and you are establishing an aggressive image. By checking the turn you are asking the CO to take your money.

And, I'm raising to $1.25 here pre-flop. AK, AA, KK, and QQ are going to re-raise you if someone is holding them behind you. A bigger pre-flop raise will usually get out the A4o you may be up against here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear what your saying about betting the turn, but read the hand again and I think you'll see your pre-flop advice doesn't make a lotta sense.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:55 PM

potting that flop into 2 villians is really bad IMO. I think you should bet 2 dollars here with everything, and even so I like a check/call more (to snap off cbets that CO might make). You may also see something crazy happen that will make for a semi easy fold (BB bets, CO raises). As played CO would be nuts not to bet river with two pair, and I think he took you to value town on the turn.

I don't mind 3betting with AQ preflop, and check calling the flop. It helps to have a read on villian tho.

AS for turn, if CO is nitty and BB is station, then I like a bet because station will overcall, and CO will be forced to drop AQ/AK (large part of his range). This is only good if CO is capable of folding AQ/AK lol.

Otherwise a bet is very bad, you'll almost always lose the BB, and CO will call with a better hand always. Betting two streets into two opponents like that reps huge strength. AK+ calls, everything else folds.

Oh it doesn't make sense for CO to call with air on the flop. So he has a hand, probably an ace, and you don't really beat that many aces on this board.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:59 PM

This whole thing seems wierd to me. I dont like the call and then the bet out here. Your asking to get raised by the CO. I think if your going to bet out on the flop you have to bet the turn. Looks like you were trying to take it met resistance and shut down, which is fine if that is what your going for but I dont think you are here.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This whole thing seems wierd to me. I dont like the call and then the bet out here. Your asking to get raised by the CO. I think if your going to bet out on the flop you have to bet the turn. Looks like you were trying to take it met resistance and shut down, which is fine if that is what your going for but I dont think you are here.

[/ QUOTE ]

All you beat on turn is A7/A8/AJ, and your betting into two opponents. If the turn was a dud, like a 2-6, I think a turn bet is decent. I just think its too thin to bet...i usually play way too tight out of the blinds to get paid off by many worse hands here..