Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Bellagio 30-60: Post if you\'ve ever hauled 8 bets on the river!

[ QUOTE ]
75s. EP weak player raises and is 3 bet AGAIN by MP trying to iso him, I'm tired of folding so i 4-bet with 75s (standard). Flop 863 rainbow. chk chk bet call call. 4 turn [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. chk chk bet call call. 2 river. MP bets out, i raise & say "this is going to be a bad beat", MP reraises, i reraise, I say, "i have a big hand, raise" he rr, I rr, he rr, I rr. Finally after he puts in the 8th bet he says quite perplexed, "I guess you 4 bet PF with 75s?!?" & calls. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Please post the hand if you've ever racked 8 bets (or more?!) on the river!

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, the most bets I've ever gotten in on the river was also at the Bellagio 30-60 game -- 9 bets in a pot where I just called the 9th bet. I was on tilt and 3-bet someone pre-flop with J4o. Flop came 443, I bet, guy check-raised, I 3-bet, he 4-bet, I call. Turn 2, he bets, I raise, he 3-bets and I call. River J, he bets, I raise, he 3-bet, I 4-bet, he 5-bet, I 6-bet, he 7 bet, I 8-bet, he 9-bet and I call. He had 43.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
75s. EP weak player raises and is 3 bet AGAIN by MP trying to iso him, I'm tired of folding so i 4-bet with 75s (standard). Flop 863 rainbow. chk chk bet call call. 4 turn [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. chk chk bet call call. 2 river. MP bets out, i raise & say "this is going to be a bad beat", MP reraises, i reraise, I say, "i have a big hand, raise" he rr, I rr, he rr, I rr. Finally after he puts in the 8th bet he says quite perplexed, "I guess you 4 bet PF with 75s?!?" & calls. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, the most bets I've ever gotten in on the river was also at the Bellagio 30-60 game -- 9 bets in a pot where I just called the 9th bet. I was on tilt and 3-bet someone pre-flop with J4o. Flop came 443, I bet, guy check-raised, I 3-bet, he 4-bet, I call. Turn 2, he bets, I raise, he 3-bets and I call. River J, he bets, I raise, he 3-bet, I 4-bet, he 5-bet, I 6-bet, he 7 bet, I 8-bet, he 9-bet and I call. He had 43.

[/ QUOTE ]this would be a great hand if u had put in the last bet here, WTF were u thinking?
Old 12-21-2006, 11:08 AM

This doesnt really count as poker but I was at fallsview donking it up at the $6/$12

I watched a guy make it about 11 or 12 bets with a women on a board of QcQxTc8x2c.

She kept pausing and checking her cards and the board then saying, "ok Raise again" and looking at the guy in complete disbelief, and he would instantly raise back.
She may as well flipped up her hand and said "Guys, QT is the absoute nuts right? Im not missing anything here am I?"

She said "Do you just want to go all in?"
Dealer says "You have to go through the motions"
She says "Alright" and kept raising until this guy's stack was in.

Guy proudly flipped up his AcXc, entire table started howling.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:09 AM

Happened to me at the Borgata last year. I have 5 5, she has 10 10 . Flop comes 5 10 Q. AQ in MP is in the hand with us. Turn was a rag, River was a 5. AQ got out of the way (flop and turn were capped btw) and we went back and forth for 6 -8 bets, I forget. Game was 10/20. Pot had about 600 in it. Shipppp it.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:55 AM

A year back, my friend and I were sitting at the same table playing 3/6 at the Soaring Eagle for over 10 hours. I almost didn't even notice until the hand was almost over because I'm half asleep, but my buddy went 14 (14) bets on the river with 22 against someone idiot with AA on an A2xx2 board.

Amazing.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:00 PM

this one time, I went allin and got called.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:01 PM

When I was a dealer in shady NYC clubs we once got a 2/4 game going. Two drunk players went around 18-20 bets AT LEAST on a board that was like 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

9T scooped the pot. It was bet/call the whole way until the river.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:03 PM

$10/20 while waiting for a NL seat, I got around 15 raises in on the river with 22 vs AA on 2297A, we started off slowly pausing, contemplating, and reraising, each reraise getting slightly faster until it was a flurry of hand movements until villain was allin. Was pretty hilarious...
Old 12-21-2006, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Live 3/6 at Artichoke Joe's (ok, I don't play for the big dollars, but this IS an eight-bet river like you asked for).

It's me versus a degenerate lag gambler who likes to play with a few drinkie-drinks in him. I have A5 of hearts and am second to limp in (standard). Two more limpers behind, with villain in position.

Flop comes two hearts. I bet when checked to me, villain is only caller.

Turn misses me, so I check. Villain bets, which is standard, and I call.

River makes my flush, so I bet out. Villain raises. I double-check to make sure I've got the nuts, then raise. We back and forth until I make it seven bets. He makes it eight. At this point, I do a double-take and figure maybe I somehow misread the board and didn't see a straight flush. And, also, part of me thought it would be evil to really take advantage of the guy if he was in the process of making a huge mistake, so I just called.

The action did draw a few railbirds and after I took down the pot (with the nuts) someone asked me why I stopped raising and all I could do is shrug.

Villain had played a middle suited connector, paired the turn, and made a small flush on the river which he thought was good. Or maybe he was muddled (ok, drunk) and actually thought he had made a straight flush -- but the board cards didn't stretch.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:25 PM

I know this isn't as balla as 30/60, but I've hauled in 10 bets on the river at 3/6.

It was one of those nights where you just couldn't seem to lose any hand. I started with $100 and all of a sudden I have $500 in front of me and the players at the table are getting kind of sick of me running over everyone. On top of getting a great run of cards, they were all playing terribly. Win Win.

EP with A8d and I raise it up. A bunch of people call and the pot is huge. Flop: 689(two diamonds) I bet out, get raised, call. Still like, 4 people in the hand. (obv w 3/6) Turn: 10 (I'm pretty sure the guy who raised was on the draw and he just made it, but I have diamonds and well, if a 7 falls, its all good unless he has a J too. Anyways, I bet my draw on the turn and finally, a couple people fold, but "villian" is like ORLY? and raises. I just call it. River: DIAMOND..

I bet, he raises, I RR, He RR, I RR... and this continues until we each have 5BB in front of us and he calls the last one saying "Oh... I didn't even see the flush..."

He tilts and walks away from the table...