Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 12-06-2006, 02:28 PM

Default Should I CB? A Quiz.

Assume full stacks at a NL50 table. Hero just sat down and has no reads. Do you CB in these spots?

If you don't CB a hand, why not?

H1

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4.5, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero...

H2

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 1 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($4.5, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero...

H3

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($4.5, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero...

H4

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP calls $2, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($6.5, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero...

H5

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($6, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero...

H6

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4.5, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero...

H7

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, Button calls $2, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6.5, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero...

H8

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 1 folds, CO calls $2, Button calls $2, 2 folds.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6.75, 3 players)
Hero...
Old 12-06-2006, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Should I CB? A Quiz.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. Yes
8. Yes

That was easy.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. Yes
8. Yes

That was easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:32 PM

Ok, 8 possibly not, I hate being OOP. And possibly not 5. I might want the free draw. If im in a good mood, theyre all being bet.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:33 PM

heads up and in position I'm betting all of them, although I wouldn't always call it a CB, Hand 4 for instance, with the flushdraw and 2 overs I'd not be unhappy at getting called! and really hoping for the 2 or 6 of hearts to come on turn!

Mat
Old 12-06-2006, 02:35 PM

AJ,

Nicley done. I'll definitely c-bet 4 of them. Definitely check two and the other two it depends on my mood.

I'll leave it to others to elaborate further [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2006, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
heads up and in position I'm betting all of them,

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't the case in all of them, which is what makes it tougher.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:37 PM

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) 50/50
4) Yes
5) No - too many villains, and I can take a free card
6) Yes
7) 50/50
8) Yes

Lets see if I can still play a little. Old man, please scould me, I can always use the help:

H1: Yes
H2: Yes
H3: yes
H4: yes
H5: Without reads I think no, but if I thought I might get to the river for free then yes.
H6: No, horrible board, youre splitting here if you do hit your straight
H7: No, but if it was HU then I would
H8:I lean towards no. 3 clean outs to your str8, draw heavy board and 2 callers. Could be messy on the turn.

*Disclaimer: I reserve the right to rethink this and change my answers [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

all but 5 and 8