Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 09:06 PM

Default Re: More cop killing goodness....

[ QUOTE ]
This is directed at no individual:

Interesting dynamic of these types of threads is that supporters 9 times out of 10 have either a cop relative or friend and are often times uncapible of providing an objective opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, what's funny is that 9 out of 10 cop DETRACTORS have no experience whatsoever with cops, or if they have had bad experiences, its probably because they've done something stupid, probably mouthed off, and that didn't lead to a whole lot of fun. What a shame.

In my admittedly limited experiences with officers, mostly routine traffic stops (stopped 4 times, ticketed only once), I've had nothing but a smooth experience by being respectful and honest. And there have been a few times we've had police to our house, either to check on a call when we got robbed about 8 years ago, or to ask questions about vandalism, etc.

As someone else said, I've found my chances of being killed by a cop are reduced GREATLY by not beating people down, stealing stuff, and other things that would cause cops to worry about whether I might kill them.

People like mondo seriously need to get an ass-whipping or get robbed, or have something happen where they need help, then see how much [censored] they talk.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm on both sides of the fence regarding past history of cops (related to some, family friend went to prison for robbery-homicide due to some cops being real dumb. Yeah, believe the two gang bangers over the decorated ex-military guy who just got out of the service.)

[/ QUOTE ]

TR please
Old 12-04-2006, 09:34 PM

Default Re: More cop killing goodness.... *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think anyone has any right to say what cops can and cant do, unless you are a cop, or a close relative of one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet, my father has been, and continues to be, a NYS trooper since 1980. Recently two of my cousins have joined the NYPD. Clearly I fit your description of someone who is allowed to have an opinion on the police.

My opinion, most cops are touch-holes. They are mostly in it for the power they get from holding a gun. It is their choice to pursue a dangerous profession. Perhaps if there were more people who would be willing to question the cops and demand that these type of killings stop then they would.

Its the cop's own damn fault that he is kicking doors of potentially dangerous felons. If he doesnt want to do it then he doesnt have to.

Regardless the police are given an ever increasing power over the citizens. They have been elevated to Gods with near limitless power. This is all fine and well until you are on the wrong side of the law, or are believed to be erroneously. then you will be eating your words at the barrel of a gun, or worse, be eating bullets from it.

So to reiterate many others on the forum, [censored] the Police.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:08 AM

An interesting article
I don't agree with all of his hyperbole, but the last paragraph seems the best:
[ QUOTE ]
So we have the PD recruiting bouncer types. They tell them that they are needed by society and that they are heroes. Then they drop them into a hyper macho culture fostered by a close-knit tradition and the cop unions. Then the PD and the unions tell them how dangerous their job is, and they might not see their family again. They say that they need to be over-gunned to be safe. The PD then gives them high-capacity firearms with easy trigger pulls. They tell them they are fighting a "war." They then tell them to go "in country" after telling them that the criminals may be armed, and to be careful. In other words they propagandise them with Marine Corps cant.

[/ QUOTE ]

And just for good measure, Overkill: The Rise of Paramilitary Police Raids in America
Old 12-05-2006, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with all of his hyperbole, but the last paragraph seems the best:
[ QUOTE ]
So we have the PD recruiting bouncer types. They tell them that they are needed by society and that they are heroes. Then they drop them into a hyper macho culture fostered by a close-knit tradition and the cop unions. Then the PD and the unions tell them how dangerous their job is, and they might not see their family again. They say that they need to be over-gunned to be safe. The PD then gives them high-capacity firearms with easy trigger pulls. They tell them they are fighting a "war." They then tell them to go "in country" after telling them that the criminals may be armed, and to be careful. In other words they propagandise them with Marine Corps cant.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the NYPD training, etc is so bad, then explain why NYPD shooting deaths are 33% of what they were 10 years ago and just 20% of what they were 30 years ago.
Explain why they have fewer shooting deaths this year than Philadelphia. Fewer than Las Vegas. Fewer than Dekalb County (Decatur), Ga.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:07 PM

Wow, dude.... you are getting really bent out of shape over nothing .... perhaps I should have posted an IMO in front of my post.... thought that was understood..... it's just an Internet bulletin board ...... and I like how you have chosen to threaten me with physical violence .... apparently because my opinion of law enforcement officers doesn't square with yours ..... the irony is rich .... I don't post that often, as you can see, but I doubt you will be the arbiter of whether I will post again [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Have a nice day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

peace, mondo
Old 12-05-2006, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, believe the two gang bangers over the decorated ex-military guy who just got out of the service.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 12-05-2006, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, believe the two gang bangers over the decorated ex-military guy who just got out of the service.)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Was there any reason they arranged the names out of order?
Old 12-05-2006, 04:53 PM

rofl; the ignorance in this thread is astounding.

First off beetz, stop being so racist. I understand you maybe grew up in a bad black neighborhood, but that doesn't mean all black people are bad. Also those statistics that were said are pretty sad. However, you seem to be using them to justify racism. Also, I'm pretty sure the correlation between black and crime is not nearly as strong as a correlation between poverty and crime; however a higher percentage of black people are in poverty than white people. If you are gonna be prejudiced to some group, I think you should be prejudiced to poor people instead of black people.

Also, to anyone saying cops don't do anything for you personally, you're an idiot. If cops weren't there, there would be a lot more breakins to your house (since nobody would be there to stop them), a lot more violent crimes against you and your family, a lot more traffic accidents, even the prices of stuff you buy at a store would be higher. Much crime is prevented because of the threat of what police will do to you if they catch you (write you a ticket, put you in jail, etc).