Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 08-19-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Post a childhood memory

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I remember when I first decided that it was right to kill at times.

See, there was this skunk in the back yard. It was dying, sick, and could hardly move. Since we weren't about to take a skunk to the vet, an option would have been to just leave it there.

I didn't think that that would be right. If there were some way to save it, I would have tried that. But there wasn't, and all he'd have gotten out of s ignoring him was a few more hours of agony.

So my mom wouldn't let me take a gun (I was 9), and I was forced to throw large rocks at it from about 30' away. I had a pretty good arm, so it only took a few shots. I made sure it was dead after the first hit knocked it out, and then got it on a shovel and walked it to the back of my yard. We had 10 acres, so this was about a 500' walk. I dug a little hole and dumped it in.

I felt terrible about killing the skunk, but if there were no way for me to be saved, I'd have wanted it to do that for me, as quickly as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
whats 30' for us people not from skunkland?

[/ QUOTE ]
10 meters.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I remember when I first decided that it was right to kill at times.

See, there was this skunk in the back yard. It was dying, sick, and could hardly move. Since we weren't about to take a skunk to the vet, an option would have been to just leave it there.

I didn't think that that would be right. If there were some way to save it, I would have tried that. But there wasn't, and all he'd have gotten out of s ignoring him was a few more hours of agony.

So my mom wouldn't let me take a gun (I was 9), and I was forced to throw large rocks at it from about 30' away. I had a pretty good arm, so it only took a few shots. I made sure it was dead after the first hit knocked it out, and then got it on a shovel and walked it to the back of my yard. We had 10 acres, so this was about a 500' walk. I dug a little hole and dumped it in.

I felt terrible about killing the skunk, but if there were no way for me to be saved, I'd have wanted it to do that for me, as quickly as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
whats 30' for us people not from skunkland?

[/ QUOTE ]
10 meters.

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont get why u didnt just approach him and smash him with a shovel in the head at point blank range instead of tossing stones from a distance.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:31 PM

That he was a skunk probably had a lot to do with it.

ifoughtpiranhas, I can't help but mentally set your name to music...