Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 07:03 AM

Default Re: 25NL JJ vs K high flop

gfejs

1st- I might have misworded it alittle bit. i did NOT mean that you raise the flop and stack off. i meant you should raise the flop, but FOLD if villain 3 bets. If just called, probably C/F the rest unimproved

as far as the 'super weak', that may have just been my wording as well; but i was refferring to the fact that villain DONK bets
$2.05 into $7.40 on flop
$2.25 into $11.50 on turn
and $3.95 into $16 on river.

they aren't min bets for sure, but they are pretty weak and it seems clear that villain is aiming to get a cheap showdown. I don't know the exact origins of the term, but i assume they are called DONK bets because bad players use them too often and we are supposed to take advantage of them.

RESULTS? i think villain showed up with a Weak K, small PP or A8 kindof hand. Still a fan of raising the flop then C/F later
Old 11-29-2007, 07:13 AM

Patrick: Yes, I get it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] a raise here is a must. I kinda think a raise on the flop and a 2/3 3/4 bet on the turn might be good in this 3bet situation. But it took me like a day too figure it out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

The thing is like 70% of the villians at 25NL wont fold a k10+ here ever, and too me that bet screams k10+ or lower pp. But in this situation with the 3bet pf I can show alot of power and he might fold a king.

(He had kq and I think he where stacking off, note taken [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Ah and thx for all the help with the hand. I learnt something.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:17 AM

cool, no worries

def agree, i doubt many would fold KT+
fwiw i would often play it just like you. if i am playing well then i would raise flop to $6 and check/ fold the rest, saving $2.25 overall.

i don't usually think like this, but a play like that on the flop can help save 10bb of your win rate