Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 11-26-2007, 03:06 AM

Default Re: pretty gross AA decision vs tough lag

btw im not arguing that its an easy stack-off, it was just a checkup. 3bet vs float is what interests me now.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i shoved, he had 85. anyway if he WAS full of [censored], im fairly certain he would fire turn anyway. and thats like hundreds and hundreds of dollars we are missing out on by threebetting flop. like i guess that if u had some weird fetish that u just HAD to re-rebluff dudes on suspicious boards, u could re-raise with AA here to balance but i think doing that constantly is pretty awful. so i like the floating more.

god im tired.

[/ QUOTE ]

instead of hoping to get his $300 turn cont bet and trying to decide which turns and rivers hit his range, we can get $1100+ in with dominated hands and draws that have alot less equity than they might think (like KJcc)

we have the nuts on this board and im trying to get it in asap
Old 11-26-2007, 03:19 AM

u make it sound like the one half of a buyin is unimportant. it's HALF A BUYIN. and if we have the nuts on this board, there shouldnt really be that many turn cards dangerous enough to change our opinion of our hand that much imo.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i shoved, he had 85. anyway if he WAS full of [censored], im fairly certain he would fire turn anyway. and thats like hundreds and hundreds of dollars we are missing out on by threebetting flop. like i guess that if u had some weird fetish that u just HAD to re-rebluff dudes on suspicious boards, u could re-raise with AA here to balance but i think doing that constantly is pretty awful. so i like the floating more.

god im tired.

[/ QUOTE ]

you werent drawing dead what more could you want
Old 11-26-2007, 03:34 AM

i agree with fsu.

on a slightly related note: fsu, what do you think of this theory i have that people who have played a lot of hands on UB are far better poker players than people who haven't
Old 11-26-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

against villian described, hes prob not folding 99+ or overs+flush draw+combo draws. 3bet/snapcall/fistpumpetc.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just isn't true imo. You seriously think you're getting it in 200bbs deep against 99 here? OP didn't mention villain being retarded, just that he was a tough, tricky, and spewy lag. "Spewy lags" will make a lot of bluffs and semibluffs and such, but that doesn't mean they're going to play worse MADE hands this way, and if he is good like luego says there is no fking way he is raising with a medium pp planning on stacking off 200bbs deep, I just don't buy it at all. If you get all in on the flop you're going to be toast against trips/boat or getting it in against a big draw which has good equity against us. At best we're getting it in against a bare flush draw, which obviously is a good thing but considering that's the bottom of his range here to get it in this deep by 3betting the flop I much prefer calling. Don't forget that by calling you can get it in on a blank turn where their equity with a draw is cut in half, or even better they bet/fold their semibluff. Villain is much likelier to make a mistake if we call the flop than if we 3bet it, period.

100bbs deep yeah 3betting is fine, much likelier for villain to play a worse made hand this way and he already probably committed himself with a draw. But 200bbs deep I think it's insane to believe there is any chance he is going to play 88 like this and happily get it in.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:48 AM

nice that u pointed that out, i was kinda hesitant to question it since it made me feel like a weaktight nit. i would def not get it in with KJcc in villains shoes vs a flop 3bet, nor would i get it in with 99. bottom line is i think he is way more likely to fire again with garbage than he is to stack off with some BS like 99.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:49 AM

people who dont get it in with 99 and KJcc are not 'spewy lags'. so either your description was bad, or your reasoning is bad.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

god im tired.

[/ QUOTE ]

it works well in this specific hand but as part of a general gameplan when you don't have AA it becomes very expensive to float if he is always betting the turn like you suggest..
Old 11-26-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
people who dont get it in with 99 and KJcc are not 'spewy lags'. so either your description was bad, or your reasoning is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not gonna get into anything with u here but seriously... u do realize that u dont have to come off as a d-bag whenever ur in the mood to post ur opinion right? its kinda hard to take anything u say seriously when u are so often so incredibly way off but at the same time so incredibly adamant that everyone else is retarded while u are incapable of ever analyzing a poker situation incorrectly.