Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 10-29-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: [b]Gone Baby Gone[/b]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was I the only one disapointed by this film?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably. Due to Affleck's recent history with film selection I think most of us went into the film with moderate expectations and were pleasantly surprised with the results.

Nice post though. Well worded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't making a point, I was asking a question. I hadn't seen any negative comments and I was wondering whether anyone else here felt disapointed as I did.

Nice attitude, though. Well executed.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:22 PM

***SPOILERS***

This movie ranks up there as the best movie of 2007 thus far for me

I've been WAY less active at the theater this year, which has been frustrating, but after watching almost every Oscar movie last year, I need to catch up on this season as I've missed many (like Micheal Clayton, In the Valley of Elah, The Assassination of Jesse James, etc)

But this may be my favorite movie of 2007, ranking up there with Waitress and The Bourne Ultimatum.

I'd like to reiterate what Dominic said about the emotion in this movie... it is so subtle and yet SOOOO strong. Something I was very enthralled by was the relationship between Affleck and Monoghan's characters

It just added to the whole question about life and the decisions that we make in it... even if we do the 'right' thing is it really right? He lost his girlfriend and gave the child back to a mother that didn't (or did she) really care about the child....

Man, as I write it I just analyze the movie more and love it for it's subtle power to incite raw emotion in me

Ben could NOT have shot this movie any better, the direction he gives every shot just feels right

Anyway, was really really impressed. Great reviews by y'all, would recommend everyone go catch this movie
Old 11-06-2007, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am sort of getting tired of Morgan Freeman, he is getting in that Pacino mode for me where every time I see him on the screen he seems to be acting the same--different roles but same beat down, weathered, boring old man w/o any pop. Pacino plays the guy that has to yell every time he talks and over act every scene. Sucks b/c both guys are classic. I don't know if I explained that very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw it tonight. Morgan Freeman's character was the one role I thought was completely miscast. Otherwise it was great for all the reasons Dom and the others in the thread have mentioned.

~ Rick
Old 11-06-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Morgan Freeman's character was the one role I thought was completely miscast. Otherwise it was great for all the reasons Dom and the others in the thread have mentioned. - Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Ty Burr of the The Boston Globe represented my thoughts regarding the casting of Morgan Freeman in this review excerpted below:

"Affleck's not certain what to do about race, though - he is from these parts, isn't he? - and white characters in the book have been cast with black actors (Gathegi, Morgan Freeman as a police captain) in ways that don't feel entirely organic to the tale. Yes, we're a more modern, cosmopolitan city than Lehane and "The Departed" indicate; no, Southie is not now nor ever has been all mook. And, yes, we're still chained to our ghosts. When the great Boston movie is finally made, it will deal with class and race and the past, and no one here will want to see it.

That said, "Gone Baby Gone" gets tantalizingly close.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:54 AM

I missed the first 30 minutes or so, but still enjoyed the movie thoroughly. The ending was pretty hard for me to process with it waffling back and forth so hard. I'm gonna DL it and watch the beginning tonight.

[ QUOTE ]
So who is this guy who plays Bubba? Slaine, wtf kind of a name is that, and no pic. Also this sounds awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's an underground rapper. When him and Patrick roll up to the house in his SUV or whatever, the rap song being played is by Slaine.