Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 11:14 PM

Default 1/2 Blind vs Blind possible spew?

Not many hands in, BB seems neither loose or tight maybe a bit passive but ~25 hands so who knows. Preflop, flop standard obv.

Turn is marginalish. I am calling if I check, without a better read. Can foldi a raise and there is value out there against a ton of draws including ones that might peel the flop. So thought betting out was best. Anyone disagree?

River... meh. Obviously a great card but when he raises is it correct to 3bet? 68, K8 or some poorly played AK, KQ are about the only hands I beat right? Does anyone 3bet this? I'm very sure beat after cap but can't fold with this price imo...

Eh. Better lines? Is it fine until river 3bet?

Full Tilt Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB
Old 11-08-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: 1/2 Blind vs Blind possible spew?

If you read villain as being passive just call the river raise. Many straight and flush combos just got there, and he is obviously not afraid of that.

I think everything else is fine.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:36 AM

The only hands he can have which made straights are Td9d/4d5d/5d9d, some guys might peel with like Td9c against a small blind open though, he could also have a passively played KsXs spade type hand. I think there are enough slowplayed two pair hands in his range to make us a 2to1 favourite so a value raise seems right.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:53 AM

blech that is pretty ugly... good chance I would play it the same as you in practice, but I think calling the river raise is better.

Somewhat dry flop and he just called in the BB preflop, so I expect him to peel very light. That means its all the more likely that he backdoored into something. Only hands that he plays this way reasonably (that you beat) is like 86 or something slowplayed. just much more likely he backed into something
Old 11-08-2007, 12:54 AM

also, I think the turn bet is good due to the fact that he should be peeling the flop light
Old 11-08-2007, 06:14 AM

spew that card makes allot of draws
Old 11-08-2007, 08:18 AM

* grunch *

Preflop, flop are indeed standard. Leading turn vs draws looks good - if we can fold to a raise comfortably.

River is hard to say, maybe I'm result-oriented in saying that the 3-bet was too much when we cannot find a fold to a cap.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
blech that is pretty ugly... good chance I would play it the same as you in practice, but I think calling the river raise is better.

Somewhat dry flop and he just called in the BB preflop, so I expect him to peel very light. That means its all the more likely that he backdoored into something. Only hands that he plays this way reasonably (that you beat) is like 86 or something slowplayed. just much more likely he backed into something

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, there is at least 30 hands with a flush, 9 better sets. He folds quite often T9,95 and 54 on the flop but not always. There is at best 66 hands with 2 pair (62 and 82 are unlikely) and they don't wait always the river to raise fore sure.