Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did I benefit from buying it?
Yes 13 28.26%
No 33 71.74%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Step on stars for the sunday million (poll inside)

There's a thread there too.

http://www.pocketfives.com/24C72994-...DE3950ED0.aspx
Old 10-29-2007, 02:41 PM

The annoying thing is they don't even need to create new Sunday Millions STEPS if they don't want more clutter or player only playing to cash out the T$.

Just allow players to enter the Millions/2nd Chance/215+R with STEP 4 tickets. Then they know players are either buying into a STEP 5 for APPT/PCA/WSOP/ET or they are buying into the Millions/2nd Chance.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The annoying thing is they don't even need to create new Sunday Millions STEPS if they don't want more clutter or player only playing to cash out the T$.

Just allow players to enter the Millions/2nd Chance/215+R with STEP 4 tickets. Then they know players are either buying into a STEP 5 for APPT/PCA/WSOP/ET or they are buying into the Millions/2nd Chance.

[/ QUOTE ] Yea, I said they should do this with cash STEPS (when they come out), but maybe it would be better with the PCA APPT STEPS?

Letting us unregister at the $215 level to play in the Million is something Stars should think about.

Would this option be likely to happen Bryan?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:59 PM

As much as I like that idea, it would have a problem flying because then step 6s would never fill up.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Yea, I said they should do this with cash STEPS (when they come out), but maybe it would be better with the PCA APPT STEPS?

Letting us unregister at the $215 level to play in the Million is something Stars should think about.

Would this option be likely to happen Bryan?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no need to unregister. you win a ticket...your not entered into the tourney.

MJ, plenty of people want to go to the PCA and or win $1000/$1500..many can't play or don't want to play the Millions. Also I would assume a lot of people would simply win multiple Step 4 tickets and use those both for the $215 MTTs and STEP 5(APPT/PCA/WSOP/etc.

This would keep the STEPS going both during the major 10k events and after. But I'd say there is less than a 1% chance Stars would ever do this.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:46 PM

Then this option will have to be used in the cash STEPS.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the cash STEPS 6 months from now lol
Old 10-29-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the cash STEPS 6 months from now lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Bryan, would you mind telling us a date when we can expect cash STEPS?
Old 10-30-2007, 02:36 AM

Shootouts: Steps that are much less convenient.

You could simulate a double shootout by having winner-take-all STT satellites that satellite into a Round 2 with ticket-only buy-ins. So much more flexible, only minor loss to the integrity of a DS, why not?

I dislike any tournament with more than one winner, it messes with decisions somewhat when there's no incentive for one person to acquire all the chips. Say... 6 max steps?

1st: Next step
2nd: Same step
3rd: Same step
4th: Previous step

Keeps more people in the status quo, which seems more "aesthetically pleasing", being more likely to stay put than go up or down. Downside is payoff for 1st place is similar to regular 6 max win, making it a bit harder to differentiate.

Crazy 2 table (6 max) with each step 2x the value of the next:

1st: +2 steps
2nd: +1 step
3rd: +1 step
4th: Replay
5th: Replay
6th: -1 step
7th: -1 step
8th: -2 steps

Assuming average fee of a bit under 7.5%, but with so many small jumps the fee should probably be less, allowing for extra payouts. Obviously at the first two and last two levels it would need to be altered somewhat.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shootouts: Steps that are much less convenient.

You could simulate a double shootout by having winner-take-all STT satellites that satellite into a Round 2 with ticket-only buy-ins. So much more flexible, only minor loss to the integrity of a DS, why not?

I dislike any tournament with more than one winner, it messes with decisions somewhat when there's no incentive for one person to acquire all the chips. Say... 6 max steps?

1st: Next step
2nd: Same step
3rd: Same step
4th: Previous step

Keeps more people in the status quo, which seems more "aesthetically pleasing", being more likely to stay put than go up or down. Downside is payoff for 1st place is similar to regular 6 max win, making it a bit harder to differentiate.

Crazy 2 table (6 max) with each step 2x the value of the next:

1st: +2 steps
2nd: +1 step
3rd: +1 step
4th: Replay
5th: Replay
6th: -1 step
7th: -1 step
8th: -2 steps

Assuming average fee of a bit under 7.5%, but with so many small jumps the fee should probably be less, allowing for extra payouts. Obviously at the first two and last two levels it would need to be altered somewhat.

[/ QUOTE ]

You lost me here...

any sort of step format for cash (and sunday million) would be fun. I think mainly cause it would freshen things up a bit. Pokerstars really hasn't mixed it up or introduced many new things in awhile, it's for the most part been the same stuff (and same EXACT MTT schedule that features few $5-$10 options, but that's a different topic). Once or twice a year it's good to have a new format or some new feature to get excited about.

Just my thought