Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Rivered 2 pair gets CRAI in the Nightly 100k

So I'm having a rough go in the nightly tonight hah.. its early no reads blah blah

Could he ever be doing this with worse?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) Poker"]http://www.flopturnriver.com/reviews/Online-Poker-PokerStars.php#converter]Poker Stars[/url] Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero (t1870)
Button (t2955)
SB (t3075)
BB (t3680)
UTG (t2110)
UTG+1 (t1700)
MP1 (t2925)
MP2 (t3630)
MP3 (t5055)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t90</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls t75, BB calls t60.

Flop: (t270) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t180</font>, SB calls t180, BB folds.

Turn: (t630) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (t630) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t420</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t2805</font>, Hero

edit: jesus converter...
Old 10-22-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Rivered 2 pair gets CRAI in the Nightly 100k

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but i dunno if it outweighs the times he doesn't. A5/A6 are def possibilities. of course, so is 98/43/66/55. i wouldn't fault a call, but folding is probably correct.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but i dunno if it outweighs the times he doesn't. A5/A6 are def possibilities. of course, so is 98/43/66/55. i wouldn't fault a call, but folding is probably correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the one hand people don't bluff crai on the river that often. On the other hand, this is an unusual line to take with a set (draw-heavy board), and I'd expect most big hands to lead the river.

If I fold it's because unknowns play big hands oddly more often than they bluff c/shove the river, not because I can really put him on a hand here. I mean, crai makes sense for a big hand on the river since Hero is value-betting almost any hand that can call a bet, but I don't think most big hands get to the river this way.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:16 AM

I bet a little more on the flop.

River seems super super close because i think there are plenty of dumbasses who play a worse two pair this way and most of them, even the bad ones, try to get more in on a flop like this with a set.

I wouldn't hate folding, because i can't remember last time a donk check raised me on the river with something less than he thought is the nuts. But i seriously think there are tons of guys who think two pair is the nuts here.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:19 AM

I call but as bond says its close. This can easily be a set that missed value on turn trying to c/r. However, I think you see like A8 or 8x here too often not to call.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I call but as bond says its close. This can easily be a set that missed value on turn trying to c/r. However, I think you see like A8 or 8x here too often not to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks like 8x or A8 to me. Checking the river with a big hand into someone who just check behind on the turn happens, but not that often. OTOH, CRAI with air on the river doesn't happen that often either. No hand that beats you here makes any sense at all. The size of the C/R also looks like he's trying to take down the pot rather than get you to call -- it's not like you've repped a monstrous hand here and he would expect you to call a value shove.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:10 AM

i don't think donks ever turn A8 into a bluff here, they just happily spam call.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet a little more on the flop.

River seems super super close because i think there are plenty of dumbasses who play a worse two pair this way and most of them, even the bad ones, try to get more in on a flop like this with a set.

I wouldn't hate folding, because i can't remember last time a donk check raised me on the river with something less than he thought is the nuts. But i seriously think there are tons of guys who think two pair is the nuts here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with this, but most of these types that show up with 2 pair show up with Aces up and since we have Aces up this reduces the chance of that slightly. I lean towards a fold here.