Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 10-22-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: $600NL Not sure if I should turn TT into bluff here

The overcall on the flop looks pretty strong IMO, but maybe I'm being too optimistic. I think if we are planning on turning this hand into a bluff we should do it on the flop after some second thoughts. A flop squeeze here looks super strong, and I think he may be more likely to let go of a better overpair here with the other flop caller still left to act.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:22 AM

I think most of the time a player with 222 in wpr's spot is calling the flop. And so raising the flop looks weaker than calling, no?

I'd be more willing to stack off with a good overpair if reraised on the flop. I wouldn't be happy at all to see wpr continue to fire on turn and river after flat-calling the flop.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think most of the time a player with 222 in wpr's spot is calling the flop. And so raising the flop looks weaker than calling, no?

I'd be more willing to stack off with a good overpair if reraised on the flop. I wouldn't be happy at all to see wpr continue to fire on turn and river after flat-calling the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft.

ur hand looks very strong but why do u actually wanna turn this hand into a bluff? u got the best hand here a decent % imo.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
weird, but i think i like this, since your flop over-call looks so super strong. of course, we could do this with any hand but i feel that anything less than 8x will have a really hard time calling down here (provided you jam the river).

so if we win the hand most of the time by seeing a showdown but basically every time by doing this then i guess it has to be best?

[/ QUOTE ]
I like this post.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:15 AM

The problem is that making villian wince is one thing, but making him fold a good hand is another. I've lost track recently of the number of times in FR games that big pairs just c/c, c/c in spots like this. Yes you will fold out better hands sometimes, but prob not enough to make betting better than checking and hoping to get to showdown IMO.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:51 PM

I dont play good hands
Old 10-22-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that making villian wince is one thing, but making him fold a good hand is another. I've lost track recently of the number of times in FR games that big pairs just c/c, c/c in spots like this. Yes you will fold out better hands sometimes, but prob not enough to make betting better than checking and hoping to get to showdown IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]