Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Re: $50NL AKo

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
100ish bb total pot with TPTK on a nonscary board seems totally fine, regardless of how you got there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know how this works out for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course every situation is different, and everyone opponent has their own quirks blah blah.

But typically I've found that in a standard/readless HU situation, with less than 100 bbs in total you're probably undervaluing it and with far greater (150+) you're probably overplaying it. It's worked alright for me so far, fwiw. It works out to around 3/4 PSBs on every street if played standardly (4bb pre, 6 flop, 15-20 turn, 25-35 river).
Old 10-21-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think my river call is borderline spew against this guy and others like him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering whether you should raise for value. You're that certain he flopped two pair? (I can only assume even this guy gets more chips in with a set.) In the end, he's so passive that I'd just call.

Edit: 21 hand sample-size, minraise for value.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:33 AM

Since you are calling turn and river bets, I think you should just go ahead and check/raise the turn quite a bit. The pots pretty big, it gets a bet out of weaker As, you have quite a bit of hand, by the time the money goes in he's going to have a hard time laying down AQ/AJ.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:47 PM

I don't know why you checked/called the turn, really. check-raise is good there.

fter checking and calling the turn, he puts a weakish bet in on the river, which you call. Good, folding would have been horrendous.

You could have minraised the river to get a little more, frankly, I think he's got AQ/AJ or something like 54s. I see middle pairs like 66 in spots like this more than I should too, once the cards are out.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why you checked the turn, really. After checking and calling the turn, he puts a weakish bet in on the river, which you call. Good, folding would have been horrendous.

You could have minraised the river to get a little more, frankly, I think he's got AQ/AJ or something like 54s. I see middle pairs like 66 in spots like this more than I should too, once the cards are out.

[/ QUOTE ]

66 is pretty close to what he had. He had 33 for a flopped set. I just can't see a LAG making two 24bb bets with Ax that isn't two pair. I really felt like the river was a marginal call,as I felt like I was beat.

I guess I was just being results oriented.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why you checked the turn, really. After checking and calling the turn, he puts a weakish bet in on the river, which you call. Good, folding would have been horrendous.

[/ QUOTE ]

66 is pretty close to what he had. He had 33 for a flopped set. I just can't see a LAG making two 24bb bets with Ax that isn't two pair. I really felt like the river was a marginal call,as I felt like I was beat.

I guess I was just being results oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see lousy lags playing stuff like AQ in this hand all the time, don't sweat it. Your checking-calling the turn looks like you either had a subconscious read on him and felt something was up, but couldn't let it go.

Check-calling is bad to decent-sized turn bets. Turn bets like this are often, but not always, bad news. Check-fold or C/R is fine, but C/C isn't fine here. You have a leak there that needs fixing. Read/reread PNL sections on 'commitment' and hand planning.