Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Pooh Bah Post. Flop min-bet Theorem

[ QUOTE ]
I get called down light constantly

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Me too coordi. Sorry to ruin the fun for everyone, but this is a pretty elementary concept although it is important in the sense that it can help your winrate. The biggest problem with this is that its so hard to tell when you'll be able to get someone to fold bottom pair since like 99% of the people that make these bets are terrible.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:56 PM

Coordi he used Donkey theorem on you. If flop comes without AK donkey thought "I know he has AK i call with any pair I show him." DOnkey thought 2, Flop comes all broadway "I know he raised small pair I call with my paired Jack and ten kicker, I show him."
Old 10-16-2007, 09:01 PM

You are one of the people who posted a thread in the past 3 or 4 weeks wondering what these donk min-bets mean CDL.

LINKY
Old 10-16-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are one of the people who posted a thread in the past 3 or 4 weeks wondering what these donk min-bets mean CDL. I will be happy to post the link if you would like.

LINKY

[/ QUOTE ]

yes I did and good detective work. The thing is that they are weak like 80% of the time in my experience and fold to pressure. The problem I have dealing with them is when they don't fold to a raise. I would like to see what you do on turn and rivers after they bet/call the flop like this. Thats what confuses me because I often stack off to bottom pair or fold a set when the river comes with the flush. I think they are weak as a general rule which is what your post is about. The post does not however address playing against them after they call one raise. Do you double barrel or triple barrel AI on all of these hands if blanks fall and does it work? That would be much more useful imo.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:13 PM

Yes I double barrel. I think the first hand posted as evidence is a double barrel with air.

EDIT: It was air.

I also triple barrel depending on whether I think villains range is bottom pair or the draw.

I just went back through the hands I counted at least 4x I double barreled with air.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes I double barrel. I think the first hand posted as evidence is a double barrel with air.

I also triple barrel depending on whether I think villains range is bottom pair or the draw.

I just went back through the hands I counted at least 4x I double barreled with air.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the first hand you still had 15 outs. Thats not air.
The second time you got looked up by the second nuts, lol.
The third time you got called by a pair of 2s with a 5 kicker, lol again.
The 4th time I'm pretty sure that you folded out a worse hand and if you didn't then you still had around 10 outs so you weren't in terrible shape.
The fifth time it worked [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
The sixth time you had TP and villain stacked off with a worse top pair (he didn't even donk the flop with a really weak hand).
The seventh time you had around 10 outs, but it did work well.

Judging from this it seems that double barreling isn't that successful and that you're getting called down ultra light in these spots.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the first hand you still had 15 outs. Thats not air.
The second time you got looked up by the second nuts, lol.
The third time you got called by a pair of 2s with a 5 kicker, lol again.
The 4th time I'm pretty sure that you folded out a worse hand and if you didn't then you still had around 10 outs so you weren't in terrible shape.
The fifth time it worked [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
The sixth time you had TP and villain stacked off with a worse top pair (he didn't even donk the flop with a really weak hand).
The seventh time you had around 10 outs, but it did work well.
Judging from this it seems that double barreling isn't that successful and that you're getting called down ultra light in these spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't play them the way I do. The post was about the read. What you do with that info is up to you.

15 outs could of been 0 outs since the board was paired

2nd one hit an inside straight on the turn that he paid more the 3x his stack for on the flop, well played villain. Drawing to 7 outs if he can even assume the 4 is an out.

7.50+5.15+7.95-10.25-16.80+7.95 = $1.50 profit in 6 hands

with 1 villain hitting a 7 outer on the turn that made the 2nd nuts you LOL @ and I didn't count the top pair hand.