Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 02:42 PM

Default 25c/50c NLO8 turn decision

.25/.50 NLO8 on Stars. SB bought in for a short-stack. He's not doing it as a strategy...he's loose with it.

MP is passive pre-flop and post-flop. I tried to price him out of a flop and turn 10 minutes ago, but he called with an OESD with no backup and no low draw on a two-flush flop.
If he raises, I get the sense I'm dead because of his tendency to just call thus far. He may be calling so freely because he has a big stack.

I intentionally have a short-stack. Bought in for $10 trying out Rolf Slotboom's short-stack PLO theory in a hi/lo game. However, by this point, the aggro that was on my left is gone from the table. And I'm trying to protect myself from my lack of skill. The $10 buy-in is 5% of my online bankroll.

BB -- $8
MP -- $60
HERO -- $17.50

Pretty sure I'll get into this for a single bet. The table has slowed down considerably.

2 limps including HERO, SB folds, BB checks

HERO: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

FLOP: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players / $1.50)</font>
BB bets $1, MP quickly calls, HERO calls.

TURN: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players / $4.50)</font>
BB bets $4, MP calls slower than last time, HERO...

If J9 were out there, I think I would have heard of it by now...MP would have taken it on the turn. If BB has J9 there's not much more he can do to me with his money left. However I believe MP will pay me off with worse hands than J9.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Re: 25c/50c NLO8 turn decision

If I'm interpreting you right, you might even be ahead at this point, playing against a 79xx or AQ67 or whatever jackass hands that are too painful to think about. If you felt the same way, I like a reraise better than I like a flat call on the turn, since the rest of the money is likely going in on the river, and they may as well pay for their low draws.

If you felt you were behind here, I like a fold, since you're not getting good implied odds on either of the other playes hitting a weaker flush and paying off due to the stack size imbalances, and also since an emergency low would be good enough to save the big stack from getting pummeled.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:03 PM

You have 10 nut outs to a scoop ( 4 js, 2 qs, 2 10s Kd and 9d) and 5 nut outs to half the pot and you may have the best hand now so you have odds to call. The pot is huge (~half your stack) so you should do what ever you can to increase your chances of winning it now. I’d push.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:14 PM

Anyone for raising the flop? Or do we not have enough info/a strong enough hand?
Old 10-13-2007, 08:09 PM

Chucky - I would raise all-in on the third betting round. Ideally you scoop without contest. If you get called, so be it. You may already have a lock on high and you still have 10 scoop outs plus 5 half pot outs (the low diamonds).

(I wouldn't count the 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] one way or the other - or maybe count it the same as a half pot out. Doesn't matter because you're not figuring odds here anyway.)

Your bet here is a sort of semi-bluff, but not exactly, since you do have the top two pairs.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone for raising the flop? Or do we not have enough info/a strong enough hand?

[/ QUOTE ]Not me. You don't leave yourself enough to make it tough on your opponents on the third betting round if you raise on the second. In other words, your stack is not big enough to raise on both the second and third betting rounds.

Buzz
Old 10-14-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone for raising the flop? Or do we not have enough info/a strong enough hand?[ QUOTE ]
Not me. You don't leave yourself enough to make it tough on your opponents on the third betting round if you raise on the second. In other words, your stack is not big enough to raise on both the second and third betting rounds.

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had a pot-sized bet for the turn would you raise the flop? Or would you need more in your stack?

I'm still very wary when I have two pair in a pot-limit Omaha or Omaha/8 game.