Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Re: disputing a visa debit charge for poker-has anyone done this befor

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I'm well aware of the difference between a credit and debit account. How do you use the phrase "recover that money" and not call it a debt? Yes, you are in the wrong. You are trying to get money that your boyfriend stole from you from a source that is not responsible for the theft. It's not anyone's fault but your boyfriend's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck to you all.

Considering I can't get my one little VISA credit card to reverse obvious fraud charges from a skumbag internet co that is black listed by every BB and IBB group there is tells me all I need to know about "missing money" from a joint account.

Let this be a lesson to anyone who has a joint account with anyone you can or can not trust.

Once you put the money in a joint account legally it belongs 100% to both of you. There is no 50/50 in the deal. Either party can drain the account for any reason or none at all.

Once you or the other recieves anything of even minimal value for the withdraw it's is between the two of you. Well if the amount is enough you, him/her and a bevy of lawyers. Having once been down that road I'll clue you into a well know but little understood fact, the only people that come out of a battle like that happy with the end result are the lawyers!

D$D
Old 10-01-2007, 01:45 PM

So if a 17 year old buys a pack of cigarettes would he also be entitled to do a chargeback since the merchant shouldn't have sold to a minor?
Old 10-01-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So if a 17 year old buys a pack of cigarettes would he also be entitled to do a chargeback since the merchant shouldn't have sold to a minor?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but both the merchant and the minor violated US laws and the price of the pack of smoke is inconsequential.

In reality if the minor didn't consume the product and his or her parents returned the smoke they would be entitled to a refund.

If the parent knowing gave their child a their credit card and knew the child was going to the 7-11 to buy smoke, then F'em.

D$D
Old 10-01-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The site uses illegal (i assume) 3rd party merchants to get the money. Its a scam. I am not in the wrong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell that to your bank and let us know what they say.

What if your bf withdrew money from an atm with the debit card and paid a hooker with the cash he withdrew? You think the bank would give you back the money?

Where does your bf play?
Old 10-01-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The site uses illegal (i assume) 3rd party merchants to get the money. Its a scam. I am not in the wrong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell that to your bank and let us know what they say.

What if your bf withdrew money from an atm with the debit card and paid a hooker with the cash he withdrew? You think the bank would give you back the money?

Where does your bf play?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-01-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: disputing a visa debit charge for poker-has anyone done this before?

I guess you have only one question for us.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else ever find themself in this boat I am in?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I've not.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TThe site uses illegal (i assume) 3rd party merchants to get the money. Its a scam. I am not in the wrong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, a scam? Your boyfriend intentionally put his money onto a poker site, played with and lost that money, and somehow he was scammed?

You're essentially trying to steal money, or force someone else to pay for the money your boyfriend gambled with.

Somehow, some way, it's going to come back to kick ME in the nuts.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: disputing a visa debit charge for poker-has anyone done this before?

[ QUOTE ]
I am certain I wont have to be responsible for these debits. Anyone else ever find themself in this boat I am in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like you were certain yor B/F woulnt steal your money? Yes others have and as mentioned above were forced to pay the debt. Since you incurred no debt I suggest you get your B/F a job as a male ecort till he repays his debt to you.

Jimbo
Old 10-06-2007, 02:09 AM

You won't get sympathy here. We all want to be able to use credit cards to fund accounts and you are just giving them an excuse to try harder to prevent it. Go after your buddy for the money or turn him in to the authorities for making the illegal transaction.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:37 AM

Hey OP you should post this problem in NVG and internet gambling you will get much more informative answers there.
Closed Thread