Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games

Old 03-11-2006, 04:42 AM

Default TD 2-7.. when both brick the first draw

Common scenario: HU pot with a raise and a call. Lets say that the call was from the BB and that we are playing $5-$10. Meaning at the first draw there is $22 dollars in the pot. Both brick and check. A few questions I have about this scenario

1) If your BB do and improve to 1 draw how often do you bet? Ill usually bet if the draw is good or check call any draw to a smooth 9 or better. I hate getting raised here when I make a play for the pot and have a crap draw. I think that may be too loose

2) If your the inital raiser in position and the BB bets into you.. How good of a draw do you need to call the $10 dollar bet into the $22 dollar pot. I feel fishy making this call and feel its incorrect a lot of the time.

3) To sum up: I know that a lot of this info depends on your opponent. Ill muck easily against the tighest players. But i think misplaying this situation can add up to serious losses over time. I dont think 2 BB in the pot justifys putting in one more to draw but i guess I could be wrong.

Thanks
Old 03-14-2006, 07:48 AM

Default Re: TD 2-7.. when both brick the first draw

All of these questions regard the turn right?

Action- PF Raise, take two, brick-checked, take two, improve?

If I'm the BB here I bet it pretty often, I throw curveballs though. Be interested to see if anyone here wiser than I plays it differently.

As for your in position question, play around and run some sims v. 1 card draws and various pat hands, with those numbers in mind, adjust accordingly.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:53 PM

Default Re: TD 2-7.. when both brick the first draw

1: 100% (well, maaaaybe I don't against certain players, but almost always).
2: it's a $32 pot, since villains money is in there. I almost always fold here. If villain is pat, I'm getting a bad price regardless of my draw. When I check the flop, it is with the intention of almost always folding the turn if bet into and I did not catch a pat hand.
3: Exactly, even with posisition you are just not getting a good enough price here. When I see people call and draw in these spots, I am happy because I know how to exploit that tendency. The reason I bet almost always in situation 1 is because calling is usually incorrect for the opponent, and giving a free draw is a major blunder.