Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 02:30 PM

Default B&M 1/2 Noob PF question

Last night was my third ever B&M 1/2 NL game. I bought in for $100 until I figured things out.

10-handed. My image, to the half the table that's paying attention, is tight.

I was dealt KQ in EP about 5 times. Once suited. Most times I had about $100 behind with everyone covering. Once I had about $320 and was covered in 4 spots.

Table was loose and generally passive at this point. 5-10 to the flop (6 is most common). A player 4 to my left had $500+ and would occasionally use it to push people around. He thought AJo was good for a raise after 6 limpers in one hand. Lower raising standards than most. He was moderately readable.

I think I played KQ every time, knowing I have to be super-careful if I hit top pair. Twice I raised 3BB+1 (or so). The other three I limped. One of my limps was called in 4 spots, then the SB raised to $6.

In short, I have no idea what to do with KQ (except be super-careful if I get into the flop). Any thoughts you can share about it in low-limit game would be very helpful.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Re: B&M 1/2 Noob PF question

You could just play it LP too if you want. If you're prone to trouble with tp2k type hands, then you can just muck it. It's not like you're losing a lot of value in most cases.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:34 PM

Yeah, you aren't losing much (if any) value by folding KQ from EP.

I might raise KQs if my image was tight enough, but at a table this loose I'm basically just waiting for premiums and punishing the callers. Especially if you're not deep, just stay tight in EP.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:44 PM

I could say something but the above answers are too true, you just aren't losing much value, same with a/qo.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:11 PM

You're only going to flop a King or Queen 1/3 times and it won't be the top pair if an Ace flops too. Even if you do flop top pair you could get yourself in trouble in a multiway pot. Just fold and save yourself a lot of trouble. 7 posts and counting baby!