Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 08-12-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Im a weak-tight donkey.. Bellagio 5-10nl

I think these hands are fairly standard but I need some help playing NL. I usually play the 40-80 mix game at Bellagio but it wasnt going today so I decided to play some NL. I play limit games much better and much more aggresive than I play NL.
Both hands are against the same guy. He plays fairly tight preflop almost never limping, but has openeded it to 4x -6x preflop maybe four times in the hour at the table. He hadnt shown down any hands before we played these pots.

First hand he opens to 50 UTG.. I have 1100 and slightly cover. I cold call UTG+ 1 with AQo. Everyone else folds. Flop is Q73 with 2 spades. He bets 140 very fast, i think for ahwile and call. Turn is the 3 of spades pairing board and putting out flush. He checks I check it back ( i dunno about this, I hate to give him a free shot to catch a spade, but im still fairly worried he has AA or KK) . River blanks off with a rag, he checks i bet 150. After the hand was over I wasn't sure if I liked my play on any street.

2nd hand a few minutes later.. hes lost a couple of pots and has maybe 650-700.. i cover.. He limps early I make it 40 with AcJc. Folds back to him he calls. Flop is A82 with two hearts. He check raises my 50 dollar bet to 150. I almost pushed because I cant really put him on anything that beats me and am almost postive that he has a flush draw or air. Than i decide to call and push a non-heart turn. Turn is the 4 of hearts, he instantly pushes. .. What do you guys think, esp with my flop play?
Old 08-12-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Im a weak-tight donkey.. Bellagio 5-10nl

If this is full ring I fold AQo UTG+1 after a tight player raises UTG. As played I probably check the river. Tight players are going to fold underpairs to the Q and call most of the time with KK/AA.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:00 PM

Hand 1 seems well played. I think I bet more on the river though unless you plan on calling his shove. Your bet (150 into ~400) is asking to be raised since it looks so FOS. Preflop is debatable in a 9/10 handed game but understandable if table is tight and lots of hands go HU.

Hand 2 fold on the turn but I would definetly shove the flop with him tilting. Unless he has A8,A2s,or 22 you a weiner on the flop.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this is full ring I fold AQo UTG+1 after a tight player raises UTG. As played I probably check the river. Tight players are going to fold underpairs to the Q and call most of the time with KK/AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

THIS IS LIVE POKER SIR