Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: 2nd Nut Flush getting 4:1

[ QUOTE ]
I felt a check was fine because worse hands fold, but may bluff. Better hands call or raise. I am OOP and slightly uncomfortable building a big pot. Not too much of the deck will hurt my equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

these are very good reasons for a check, which I agree with.
However, if you bet, alot of worse hands will call, such as any pair with a decent diamond. the problem is you will be leading OOP with no idea where you are at, which is why I like your passive line. Betting this flop is OK too, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with checking IMO
Old 06-21-2007, 01:57 PM

C-bet flop, stop building big pots on 4 flush boards with 2nd flush, bett less on river, fold river minraise since he actually has Ad 99% of the time.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C-bet flop, stop building big pots on 4 flush boards with 2nd flush, bett less on river, fold river minraise since he actually has Ad 99% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont build pots with the 2nd nuts? only the nuts? got it. thanks
Old 06-21-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When the second nuts is the flush on a 4 flush board, I agree completely - it's just too likely that he has the ace. It's not like you have a full house vs. quads here - he only needs one card in his hand for the nuts. I actually like a check call on the river - he's quite likely to bluff with a worse diamond or with something like 2 pair, while you will very rarely get value from betting it, and will have to pay a lot to see a showdown when he does have the ace.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:16 PM

he just called the turn to let u fire another river instead of pushing u out with a turn raise. He has the nuts almost always here, i still say meh and call tho getting 4 to 1.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree there is just way too much value lost if I check the river. Maybe I sh

[/ QUOTE ]

When the second nuts is the flush on a 4 flush board, I agree completely - it's just too likely that he has the ace. It's not like you have a full house vs. quads here - he only needs one card in his hand for the nuts. I actually like a check call on the river - he's quite likely to bluff with a worse diamond or with something like 2 pair, while you will very rarely get value from betting it, and will have to pay a lot to see a showdown when he does have the ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree there is just way too much value lost if I check the river. Maybe I smaller bet, but not betting is criminal.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
standard call given your odds and spot . check call river if you're worried about the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

this advice is pretty bad.
River is a clear fold no one bluff raises 4 flush boards. C/C river isnt so great because all better hands will bet while all worse hand will check, besides the occasional diamondless bluff.
I would bet less on the river, like half pottish, to entice a call from any diamond, maybe even 2 pair. People love to call.

(esp me)

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. min raise on river doesn't feel like nut flush to me. i would def. 3 bet river with nut flush in hopes of inducing a call with second nuts, in this case our hero. min raise on river in this spot is too suspicious. furthermore if we decide to bet the river rather than c/c, how can we justify folding to a min raise with those kind of odds? hence if we play the hand out this way, this is a standard call.