Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 05-29-2007, 11:30 AM

Default 200NL Live Hand

Last night I found a live game to go play some 1-2 at. We were sitting 6-handed for a while and I think 4 of us were 2p2. The players were decent, pretty much on par with your average 200NL online table.

Anyways a little history, earlier in the session Villian 3 barreled me with JJ on a 247K9 Board. I smoothed all 3 streets with a set and pushed river for like 40 more into ~360 and he folded. About 3 orbits later he double barreled me on my float and I folded.

Now to the hand: Eff Stacks 250

Hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button.

Folds to Villian who makes it 8. Hero flat calls. (The game isn't 3 betting hardly at all. I often would here but I chose to just call)

2 to the flop (19$) A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villian bets out 18. Hero Calls.

Turn (55$) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villian bets 45. Hero Calls.

River ($145) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Villain bets 100. Hero ?

Id like to hear thoughts on my river action, but I am also interested in earlier streets. Thanks

Old 05-29-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: 200NL Live Hand

I dont mind raising the turn, all the non-bluffs youre beating on the turn have to call a mid size raise. As played river feels like value and I am unsure where we are. I would lean towards callign bc our line has been really passive.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Re: 200NL Live Hand

Do you think he would 3 barrel you again without a hand-probably not? What can you beat? What can he have that beats us; AA,TT,66,AT,AK? I would just pass unless you think there is a decent chance he knows that you would know he would be less likey to bluff.