Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Re: haha busto

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2007, 11:32 AM

This happened to me in November. I was playing the 10/20 through 30/60 games on Stars around then (recall Miles occasionally being at the tables, he once claimed to be Victor lol). Had something like 25k accrued and managed to decimate it in a 2 day binge playing 100/200 while hammered. Took a few months off and rebuilt & now I'm a midstakes NL player instead... still enjoy playing limit while drunk though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

GL dude
Old 04-30-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he once claimed to be Victor lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha I remember saying this.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he once claimed to be Victor lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha I remember saying this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I lost all my money. The messed up typing was just a way to add humor to the loss, which is far from devastating. I still have a bunch of money saved up, and I have job offers from a ton of companies, but I'm going to try to keep playing poker.

I didn't expect this thread to be/get so long, and I find it entertaining to see all the different types of responses (celiboy ftw lol). It seems that some of you apply your own rules (morals?) to my situation, and then you make judgements, calling it surprising or crazy or stupid or retarded or whatever. I saw it as taking a big shot and knowing I have options if it doesn't work out (get a stake and actually try to win, deposit more, get a job, etc). Admittedly, once I lost a massive pot with like 95% equity on the flop, I semi-tilted off the remaining ~$3k I had online.

You'll probably see me at the big Stars 3/6 game soon, grinding out FPPs for bonus money, lol.

Oh and just to clarify, the graph I posted was from April 21st until the 29th, which is why there are only 9k 5/10 hands on it. Clearly I didn't go on crazy monkey tilt from breaking even for 9k hands. It was like 50k hands, and that wasn't the whole reason I decided to play 100/200. I just felt like going balls out and seeing if I could double my bankroll real quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Miles, I take big risks with my live BR all the time--like playing 100/200 with only 150 BBs or something. Not as reckless as this, but I can relate to the sentiment--sometimes its just demoralizing to run breakeven at friggng 5/10 when you've been playing this game for years and have beaten much higher stakes in the past. Sometimes grinding at small stakes just isn't worth it and if you can't play higher you'd rather just not play.

That said, I hope you have other sources of income cuz its even more demoralizing to live off mac and cheese at your parents house when you're used to buying whatever you want whenever you want it.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:51 AM

This is a perfect example of how poker knowledge does not always translate to poker success.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:58 AM

i was lying in this thread when i said i wasn't drinking. i was pretty buzzed.

i basically was running hot in life at the time of this and had just gone out. i got the itch to play on the way home from the bar, and i started out just playing some 10/20 and running bad but not playing too bad. then my emotions took over and i opened up 50/1 and then 1/2 and ran bad and played bad, especially after losing a $6.5k pot where i had 95% of it on the flop and got two bets in 3-way on the turn with the best hand.

haven't played drunk once since this night, and i won't ever again.

weird bump though.

i just reread it and this from yourface is so true:
[ QUOTE ]
rofl thanks miles. at hand 9400 I bet you just wanted to win one more pot and get your money back. then it all went to [censored] of course.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

also, allow me to share a picture i made today

Old 05-28-2007, 06:04 AM

play bad, start coaching.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:29 AM

miles your pic isn't working (at least for me)

but I can only assume SHIPTHATCHEDDAR.png involves some sort of ROBUSTOing, congrats